Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
diosoth

G.I. Joe styled Doomguy WIP

Incomplete, unassembled and unpainted so far.

It'll be based on the classic Doom marine. Legs from Bazooka, Hips and arms from Ripper, torso and armor from Wraith.

The head will probably be taken from one of the 4000 Duke figures made
http://yojoe.com/action/08/duke26.shtml

The helmet I plan to steal from a Cobra Eel as it's "close enough"
http://yojoe.com/action/08/eel4.shtml

I have a pistol and rocket launcher. I can buy a chainsaw and double barrel shotgun from Marauder Inc, a parts supply site that makes accessories for smaller figures. The Plasma gun and BFG will need to be scratch-built.

Your base body choice looks good--I look forward to seeing the completed figure. I hope you'll consider making some demons to go with him--the Montezuma skeleton from the Serpentor DVD pack (although I believe that set is somewhat hard to find, so it'd probably be a bit costly) would probably make a good starting point for a Revenant (Hasbro might have made some skeletons for the Indiana Jones line in that scale too).

http://www.oafe.net/yo/gij25dvdasa.php

I have a spare Ripper/Torch 2-pack that was sent to me damaged and a replacement mailed, I plan to use both of those to make a zombie and shotgun guy.

I made a Lost Soul last year which is to scale-

I found a suitable base body for a Cyberdemon today

MmM said:

Your base body choice looks good--I look forward to seeing the completed figure. I hope you'll consider making some demons to go with him--the Montezuma skeleton from the Serpentor DVD pack (although I believe that set is somewhat hard to find, so it'd probably be a bit costly) would probably make a good starting point for a Revenant (Hasbro might have made some skeletons for the Indiana Jones line in that scale too).

http://www.oafe.net/yo/gij25dvdasa.php

That Serpentor figure has the PERFECT helmet base. Although I wonder what the TS would have to do for the visor.

The Cobra Eel helmet is already close enough to the Doomguy helmet that it won't need to be modified very much. If only I could find the Eel in the Family Dollar assortments...

WIP on the Cyberdemon. Hulk figure with a GI Joe movie big gun weapon

I think you posted that Lost Soul here before. The Hulk Cyberdemon is looking awesome--gouge out that abdomen and fill it with wires!

I never see the Eel in Family Dollar either, just bazillions of Snake-Eyes and Baronesses.

Bank said:

His hair's not green!

If I get a more game-accurate head(Duke, probably) I'll do that.

I've ordered a spare Eel helmet from another customizer. I also chose to use the Torch/Gung-Ho muscle torso for Doomguy as the neck sticks up a bit further, it'll help with the helmet's fit.

Shotgun zombie. I don't have a shotgun yet. The head isn't bald but it's all I had at the moment.

Taggart. The head is temporary until I can get a Resolute Duke head. I'll have a helmet shortly though.

Bank said:

His hair's not green!

Well,it could have been any color,considering it was an error/giltch when working on Doom's sprites...

My camera died on me last week so I have to use the flatbed scanner until I get a replacement.

Updated Doomguy with helmet and plasma gun

I've since made an exploding waste barrel. Dollar General carries a black play slime called "Dr. Wacko's Silly Sludge" that comes in a black plastic container made to resemble a metal barrel. I painted it gray with a silver coat and filled it up with "slime" by tossing in bits of junk and slathering hot glue over it.

Hey maybe you could be these up for like a Doom Toy Line... Toys from Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, Doom Movie, even the guy from the comic and bloody fist o' guts. It would be epic! :)

Clonehunter said:

even the guy from the comic and bloody fist o' guts. It would be epic! :)

RIP AND TEAR MOTHERFUCKER RIP AND TEAR.

Make sure you add the supershotgun with it,just get like two wooden dowels as the barrels and spray paint them black,the stock you can easily forge it from basic small semi-thick piece of wood.

Doomguy458 said:

RIP AND TEAR MOTHERFUCKER RIP AND TEAR.

That should've replaced the line "Semper Fi Motherfucker!" from the doom movie. That quote alone could've saved it from the bowels of Hollywood hell (ALong side crap movies like Avatar and AVP:R, or for that matter Freddy vs Jason, god help them)

Clonehunter said:

Hey maybe you could be these up for like a Doom Toy Line... Toys from Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, Doom Movie, even the guy from the comic and bloody fist o' guts. It would be epic! :)

As an old G.I. Joe fan myself, I like Disoth's shit better.

40oz said:

As an old G.I. Joe fan myself, I like Disoth's shit better.

Yah, but weren't those like a european internet release? When I see them for sale online, they are always being sold in pounds.

Pounds of WHAT? Those look terrible. Maybe a few pounds of dog poop, but not currency.

Completed Sergeant. The shotgun was donated and I used the secondary head of Beach Head for the bald look.

diosoth said:

Pounds of WHAT?

You've never heard of the british pound?

Also i do really like your efforts! And that china shotgun is class. When i was young i never came across an action figure with a shotgun that detailed.

Six said:

You've never heard of the british pound?

Also i do really like your efforts! And that china shotgun is class. When i was young i never came across an action figure with a shotgun that detailed.

I've heard of GBP, I just don't see those things being worth any actual money. Terrible wax lumps based on the movie of all sources, when will Id finally wise up and give some company a REAL Doom character license?

The shotgun is from the company BBI which makes 1:18 scale soldiers and guns. It was donated to me by a member of Joe Customs. There are very few standard shotguns at that scale, Hasbro preferred to make ones with pistol grips for the life of G.I. Joe.

diosoth said:

Pounds of WHAT? Those look terrible. Maybe a few pounds of dog poop, but not currency.

Completed Sergeant. The shotgun was donated and I used the secondary head of Beach Head for the bald look.

Awesome shotgun,but remember what I said about the supershotgun if you want to model it.
"just get like two wooden dowels as the barrels and spray paint them black,the stock you can easily forge it from basic small semi-thick piece of wood."

Which reminds me,did you or are you going to do the Doom 2 Monsters?

I don't think Hasbro makes arachnatrons

These are really cool. I think I still have a bunch of these guys in my basement somewhere, but I'm afraid to dissassemble them because I'm afraid I might not know how to but them back together. They don't really sport the doomish assets either.

BFG-9000

I used the big stupid disc launcher from ROC Storm Shadow with pieces cut off. The front end is a trimmed Ripper backpack and USB device cap with the handle from ROC Cobra Commander's big stupid gun grafted into the side(carved an L-shaped groove and glued it in with epoxy). The side handle was necessary to even hold this thing. Display requires two stands.

Awesome work on the BFG,but you forgot the the buttstock with a curve thing that looks like it's supposed to go on the sholder,what happened to that?

Also,what are you going to use for the Robotic Goat leg for the Cyberdemon?

Doomguy458 said:

Awesome work on the BFG,but you forgot the the buttstock with a curve thing that looks like it's supposed to go on the sholder,what happened to that?

Also,what are you going to use for the Robotic Goat leg for the Cyberdemon?

The folding stock piece would interfere with the ability to hold the BFG so I left it off. The back end has a hole though, from where I cut off the original stock end so I can always build one if I wish. The 2nd side handle shouldn't be there either but it's necessary just to hold the gun. It weighs a lot and the back end is up to the chest. See the original launcher I cut up- http://yojoe.com/action/09/stormshadow32.shtml

I'm trimming down the PVC of the leg and will be gluing spare bits to it to mimic a mechanical look. It's probably easier than trying to buy another toy of the same size. It may not be totally game accurate but should be good enough. The hoof will be the small screw-on end of a kitchen faucet.

Finalized zombie soldier with proper game-based head. The head is from one of the 400 or so variations of Duke, the one I used had some minor damage anyway which was turned into one of the facial cuts.

How'd you do the blood smears? They look very good?

40oz said:

How'd you do the blood smears? They look very good?

Cut a brush down so that it has only 2 or 3 bristles.