Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Per-Scan

Third Doom 3 Novel?

Does anyone have any info on when or if the third Doom 3 novel by Matt Costello is going to come out? It's been a while and I'm a little worried that it's just disappeared into the ether... :)

IMHO - The authors of the original should've done it, and kept doing the novels. The entire concept of Religion, Politics, ExoPolitcs, Scientific Ideals vs Realistic Ideals. All of it was a struggle within the characters, apart from blowing every organic enemy back to hell.

*Spoiler?*

Besides, the concept of using Deimos as a spaceship made by ETs, and hearing now released ESA (European Space Agency) the probable data that Phobos IS artificial, and infact a spacecraft? Interesting....

Radon said:

Besides, the concept of using Deimos as a spaceship made by ETs, and hearing now released ESA (European Space Agency) the probable data that Phobos IS artificial, and infact a spacecraft? Interesting....

Lulz. Link? I want to laugh.

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2010/05/you-couldnt-make-this-up-european-space-agency-rumors-mars-moon-phobos-is-an-artificial-satellite.html

As for the artificial theory, it's proposed by ex-Nasa administrator and science advisor for Walter Cronkite during the Apollo missions; Richard Hoagland. As it's on his site ( http://www.enterprisemission.com/Phobos.html ) It's a lengthy read, but atleast it's a crazy new theory, rather than hearing about big foot all the time.

Plus Neil Armstrong has hinted this about Phobos on news programs, which most likely is BS like the rest of information that comes out of those programs.

I mailed Matt Costello. He replied promptly saying that he had the 3rd novel sketched out but the publishers were just holding to the first 2 books. He did say "never say never" though... :) Here's hoping it'll see the light of day in the future.

Heh, you have to admire a novelist who'll actually take time to answer a few questions for a fan.