Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Herculine

Anonymous Reviews in the Archives

I don't mind it, the comments add to the cut-throat atmosphere of /idgames. A lot of the charm would be lost if you'd need an ID number or some such to post.

Indeed, some of the funniest/wierdest flames i've ever seen are on there. Not least of which on my own wads.

In fact i feel like searching them to see if anything else has been added.

Heh, it used to tick me off a bit, but it's not really a big deal anymore once I realized the pure spam is easily reported and haters are just gon' hate.

The solution is to be able to rate the reviews, and then be able to rate the ratings of the reviews, then be able to rate the ratings of the ratings of the reviews, etc. When the fractal gets about 20 nests deep, then finally credibility shines through.

If you're not just looking to be lol'd, the overwhelming volume of junk reviews make the whole thing not worth the trouble.

After considerable thought, I've concluded Reviews really need to be from logged-in users. Or that logged-in might count more heavily in the total stars, or even make anon not count-stars at all. Cuz right now there's way too much garbage and too many bogus ratings,

The reviews are their own little mini-forum; would you tolerate that much trash here in the main forum? then why tolerate it in Reviews?

Phobus said:

Nearly 4 years worth, apparently!

And look at the quality! have you ever seen such a thought? :D