Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kristus

Youtube slowness.

Anyone else having issues with Youtube being really slow lately. I got a 24mbs download and I can have serious issues with even caching a 360 stream from YT. I mean, YT never been particularly fast. But I used to be able to watch 720HD at least.

I always used to blame this on the inconsistent/crappy download rates of my faulty internet connection. But lately, with everything working as it should, I too continue to experience slow loading times of SD videos from time to time. If not most of the time.

I'm looking forward to learning of a fix, if there is one.

I've often seen Youtube being slower than "it should be", there's something on its end that's got nothing to do with your internet connection.

I have a 4.5mb connection and have never had any issues with streaming YT videos, even 1080p.

@Jodwin. Yeah, it's always been the (to me) definitely slowest video site around. Which makes me kind of wonder what made it so popular to begin with.

It's horribly inconsistent to say the very least. Sometimes even on the shared internet of the university I can load up multiple 720p and 1080p videos at once and be able to watch the first one while the others load, others I leave it loading for over an hour for one 1080p video(that isn't even at a particularly high bitrate based on the amount of artifacts in the video) and it isn't even half done by the time I get back to watch it. I've also had cases where I finish downloading a file from somewhere else at 360 kb/s or up to 1.1 mb/s, then go to load a 4:3 480p video and have it load like I was running dialup. They could use some server upgrades.

In those cases I let some link parser like JDownloader handle the shit for me and store the flv permanently in my HD, for huge win. Sieg heil!