Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

not good, not about doom

i got the half-life mission pack, blue shift, today. It is from gearbox agian so i was expecting something good. well blue shift is rather poor for something from the makers opposing forces. the only good point to geting it is the HD pack and it also comes with opposing forces. it did not use any of the new creatures, weapons and others from opposing forces. It was also very short, i beat it on medium in 2 hours. I think it should have had more thought and time put in it. It would be an exelent map pack for free download but as a stand alone product it would suck ass. i would get the blue shift pack if u do not have opposing forces, it also has the cool HD pack

I agree. It was too short. It was OK as a mission in itself, but there just wasn;t enough of it, and I was surprised that it didn't have any of the OP4 weapons or monsters in it. The HD pack is cool, but it doesn't update the OP4 models properly. It only does the models that were in the original HL.

Well it was originally intended as a bonus for the Dreamcast version. As soon as it was announced that it would be released for PC I just knew the DC version was cancelled, the dirty fucks.

Charging for Counter-Strike, charging for that stupid space cowboy thing, and now they're charging for SOMETHING ELSE THAT SHOULD BE FREE.

They were originally intending it to be a hook for PC users to get the DC version, something free but tangible. Now it's costly and NOT tangible.

Die Valve, DIE.

Die Valve, DIE.

YOU ARE MY HERO

Seriously, it's time for Valve to, you know, DO SOMETHING, and stop production of their next title, wich I think will be :

Half-Life : White Coat

Play as a scientist, while you help Gordon Freeman whack with his crowbar many Guards in order to retrieve ammo. Your awesome weapons are :

# COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR COAT.
# DUCKING AND YELLING LIKE A GIRL.

Besides, you'll get as rewarding as numerous habilities, like :

# OPEN DOORS THAT COULD BLOW UP AS SOON AS YOUR JOB IS FINISHED.

# FETISH WITH LAMBDA COMPLEX'S CORNERS AND WALLS.

# INHABILITY TO STEP OVER DEBRIS OR RETAIN BLADDER CONTROL.

480 levels of pure intense HL orgasmic experience, giving a total amount of 7000 gameplay hours for the regular brain dead person.

Die Valve, DIE.

YOU ARE MY HERO

What do you expect from a non-id game anyways?? Fool.

Play as a scientist, while you help Gordon Freeman whack with his crowbar many Guards in order to retrieve ammo. Your awesome weapons are :

# COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR COAT.
# DUCKING AND YELLING LIKE A GIRL.

Besides, you'll get as rewarding as numerous habilities, like :

# OPEN DOORS THAT COULD BLOW UP AS SOON AS YOUR JOB IS FINISHED.

# FETISH WITH LAMBDA COMPLEX'S CORNERS AND WALLS.

# INHABILITY TO STEP OVER DEBRIS OR RETAIN BLADDER CONTROL.

480 levels of pure intense HL orgasmic experience, giving a total amount of 7000 gameplay hours for the regular brain dead person.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I pooped in my pants

I agree. It was too short. It was OK as a mission in itself, but there just wasn;t enough of it, and I was surprised that it didn't have any of the OP4 weapons or monsters in it. The HD pack is cool, but it doesn't update the OP4 models properly. It only does the models that were in the original HL.

Half-Life: Opposing Force's models were already so damn good the way they are, so there is no need for them to be altered.

Damn you. You made the post wide.

it's more wide than long now....ROFL

Damn you. You made the post wide.

it's more wide than long now....ROFL

LET'SFIXTHATTHEN.

Hmm. Wonder if that worked.

I pooped in my pants too.

If you spend time and money developing something, why should you give it away for free? If you bought it and disliked
it, serves you right for not checking out information on it first. Valve are one of the game developers out there I
respect, because they havepretty good after sales stuff.

Furthermore, as for charging for CS, thats STANDALONE CS, which is basically the HL engine and most of the HL textures
and sprites plus the 'free' CS portion, so that makes sense too. its not like they are asking for the same amount of
money as a full game either. For people who want to play cs without installing halflife and ~80mb of patches and stuff
it seems like a good deal to me.

and at least blueshift costs the same as op4 and you get op4 in it.

If you spend time and money developing something, why should you give it away for free? If you bought it and disliked
it, serves you right for not checking out information on it first.

If you bought it and didn't like it, auction it off on e-bay.

Valve are one of the game developers out there I
respect, because they havepretty good after sales stuff.

Which consists of 60-meg patches containing nothing but TFC map updates, no actual bugfixes ...

Furthermore, as for charging for CS, thats STANDALONE CS, which is basically the HL engine and most of the HL textures
and sprites plus the 'free' CS portion, so that makes sense too. its not like they are asking for the same amount of
money as a full game either.

Paying for something that you can download for free is something that never made any sense to me. Especially considering CS is an online game and if you couldn't afford the internet connection fees to get it, you probably can't afford to play it (except on LAN).

For people who want to play cs without installing halflife and ~80mb of patches and stuff
it seems like a good deal to me.

See?

Problem being, if we already have OpFor, we have to pay for it again. Blue Shift is Bull Shit.

If you spend time and money developing something, why should you give it away for free?

If you developed it as a free addon until Valve decided they could make a few bucks selling it. I have no problem paying for OP4, its a professional effort. Counter-Strike, on the other hand, isn't.

If you bought it and disliked it, serves you right for not checking out information on it first. Valve are one of the game developers out there I respect, because they avepretty good after sales stuff.

The first line is true. The second one ain't. I don't admire the ability to download stuff off of their own websites, stick it in a box, and sell it.

Furthermore, as for charging for CS, thats STANDALONE CS, which is basically the HL engine and most of the HL textures and sprites plus the 'free' CS portion, so that makes sense too. its not like they are asking for the same amount of money as a full game either. For people who want to play cs without installing halflife and ~80mb of patches and stuff it seems like a good deal to me.

I've seen it priced the same as Half-Life. You have to patch it out of the box anyway since they didn't buy the rights to use the real gun names.

Don't get me started on the patches either. I played through my game of the year edition of Half-Life and it was great. Since then there's been 100 megs of patches and 97 megs of it just seem to be levels for TFC. I fucking hate TFC, by the way, and I don't see why they feel the need to shove it down my throat. The worst part is that the great single player aspect of Half-Life has SUFFERED because of it. Play it now with all the latest patches, you'll see NPCs running around like idiots and titles that read 'Title3' across the bottom.

What about me? I bought op4 a year ago, aren't I entitled to it?

I'm surprised that Valve doesn't try charging for each PATCH they release.

very funny, arioch....you trimmed my post....
oh well

Play as a scientist, while you help Gordon Freeman whack with his crowbar many Guards in order to retrieve ammo.

Thats already been done, gordon was the scientist, the other where pansies toe fuckers. BLue Shift was pretty damn fucking good for being a small side story for HL..

Paying for something that you can download for free is something that never made any sense to me. Especially considering CS is an online game and if you couldn't afford the internet connection fees to get it, you probably can't afford to play it (except on LAN).

Erm, you can't download and play counterstrike... not without having halflife anyway. Thats why the standalone version costs! you're getting a stripped down (and as a result, CHEAPER) version of halflife with it.

heh I got half life... counterstrike retail sucks balls too.. AND it comes with tfc.. goddamni.. half life 1.1.0.7 came out.. and guess what! it comes with dmc! its another 17 megs of shit youll just sick in a folder

sig is short now heh
can someone send me the hd pack?

Yep. Arioch's right. Change your sig. It's too long. I tought it was part of your post at first, jeeesh.

i know this post was not about doom but half-life is the best FSP i have played after doom, doom is still better!! This pack was bland compared to the opposing forces. it had little effects that mad OP kick ass, none of the new monsters or people, too easy and short, and no boss like fights just several small very easy fire fights, also a few puzzels did have me stumped for a few minutes, like the coolent barrels, but with knowlege of the engine it became second natureb to me

Fix your goddamned signature.

Yeh dammit. It wasn't even funny the first time.

but it tells the goddamn awful truth. Ralphis IS a raging homosexual.