Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

Quake Night: Your pit stop for sleepless nights! (Game Night Dec. 22nd!)

The server is up and running at 65dot25dot73dot196. I will be sending the rcon pass to Technician and Use3d.

Server is up and is running Quake 2 Coop. To play you'll need to download R1Q2. The address is 65dot25dot73dot196:27910. In November I will probably start advertising the server on other forums, specifically on quakeone.com.

Just another update: the official "game time" is set for 7:30PM GMT-5.

Edit: Pile into the IRC server(#quakenight on irc.oftc.net) if you want to play something else.

My girlfriend gets off at 7 and I don't think she'll be in the mood to watch me play Quake. She seriously cuts into my slacking off time, man.

Bucket said:

My girlfriend gets off at 7 and I don't think she'll be in the mood to watch me play Quake. She seriously cuts into my slacking off time, man.

Throw 'er out!

The server is currently up and running Quake 1 Deathmatch on Dark Places. The address is 65dot25dot73dot196, and the port is 26000. The official time is slated for 7:30 GMT-5. Jump on IRC for pre-game ramblings.

Hello inactive topic! Since I'm assuming most people have no school work to do, I decided that it would be a good time to put a server! The server is running Team Fortress, and the IP Address of it is 65dot25dot73dot196. For instructions on how to play Team Fortress on Dark Places, visit the website. I'm hoping we get more players this time around, so I will also be posting a topic on quakeone.com to try and get players from there.

Happy Quaking!

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget to stop by the IRC channel: #quakenight at irc.oftc.net

Bucket said:

Chicks R 4 Fagz man.

Update:

Server will be on either later tonight or tomorrow. I plan to be running Quake 2 Coop. Server info will be posted later tonight.

Sever is up:

Server Name: Quake Night
Game: Quake 2 Coop
IP Address: 65.25.73.196:27910
Port: R1Q2

Jump on #quakenight on irc.oftc.net to wait for players.

Another server is up:

Server Name: Quake Night
Game: Quake 1 Coop
IP Address: 65.25.73.196:27910
Port: Dark Places

Jump on #quakenight on irc.oftc.net to wait for players.

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention in the last post that there is a Steam page that you can now join. I will be posting all the game dates on the page as well.

Played through all four episodes and the final boss. Technician and Use3d showed up. Started at around 8:00PM EST, and ended around 10 minutes ago at 11:50 EST. Here are some screen shots:

See the rest here.
There will be another server up next weekend, and hopefully it'll be mixed up with either some DM or mods.

WHY DIDNT ANY ONE TELL ME THIS BEFORE MY LAPTOP BROKE!

I was looking for quake servers but they are nowhere...

Ill never be able to play anything as classic as online quake, now D:

Dammit, I keep missing these. Joined the Steam group.

One question though, do we have to use Dark Places? I'm kind of partial to the software rendered look so I'd prefer to use good 'ole WinQuake. I know I can connect to ProQuake servers using WinQuake, I'm not sure about Dark Places though.

Dragonsbrethren said:

One question though, do we have to use Dark Places? I'm kind of partial to the software rendered look so I'd prefer to use good 'ole WinQuake. I know I can connect to ProQuake servers using WinQuake, I'm not sure about Dark Places though.

I'm trying to get the linux ProQuake dedicated server to work (Isn't broadcasting for some reason.)

Any chance we could do Doom 3 co-op? I've been having a hell of a time finding a satisfying experience lately, namely with finding populated servers and severe latency problems (missing animations, teleporting enemies).

Hell, I can find more servers for Unreal.

Bucket said:

Any chance we could do Doom 3 co-op? I've been having a hell of a time finding a satisfying experience lately, namely with finding populated servers and severe latency problems (missing animations, teleporting enemies).

Hell, I can find more servers for Unreal.

Maybe like before or after we actually play, but you'll probably have trouble finding people willing to reinstall Doom 3 and then download the mod for co-op.

Whoo said:

Maybe like before or after we actually play, but you'll probably have trouble finding people willing to reinstall Doom 3 and then download the mod for co-op.

Actually just reinstalled Doom 3 so I could check out the Hexen mod recently made for it. Point me in the direction of the co-op mod and I'm in

Same, I got Doom 3 ready to go always. Quake? Doom? No matter. Let's just fucking play something this weekend.

Kirby said:

Actually just reinstalled Doom 3 so I could check out the Hexen mod recently made for it. Point me in the direction of the co-op mod and I'm in

Open Coop.

I haven't tried OpenCoop lately (I do know it's no longer updated), but LMS seems to be a shitty experience if your ping is over 100.