Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

On the Doom movie again

This subject has not been surfaced for a long time.. I remember way back when I first heard new about Tri-Star and Doom.. my heart went numb, I had the biggest grin, and started thinking of everything I want to put in the movie myself. I was happy... then along came Columbine, and trashed was the new name of the movie.

Well, with Doom3 coming out, I think it could create a GREAT spine for a movie. id really plans on giving a game this great, a great story in return. I still think it could be made, its the perfect time to do a movie. Hell, I wish I could direct it myself. I know everything I want to put in it! It would be based upon DoomII Hell on Earth.

If you think about it, if "Doom" was made, it wouldnt have to be a boring movie about a space stripper shooting up demons every second.. It could have a very creative plot here on Earth, while displaying life like Doom monsters, and real humans.. Imagine that.. imagine what the Cacodemon would look like! Imagine the Cyber Demon on a theatre screen w/ surround sound, and the feeling when someone is almost killed by a sweet ass demon!

But think about the plot, it is innevitable, the possibilites are unlimmited! Man, I think Hell on Earth could make a great movie. A great great movie. {AND HOLLYWOOD DONT HAVE TO MAKE IT}.

Oh yeah, the music, we cannot forget. Jamey Roberston does awsome music.. his music powers my thoughts of a movie.. I think to myself.. "Where could this song fit in".. man! I want to see the Doom movie! Oh well, there are to many people that doubt all movie maker.. who doubt they can produce a good Doom movie, when it could turn out to be great..

Yeah, thats what happened to Duke Nukem.. back in 96' it was popular, and they started gathering ideas for the movie, and ever since it has been listed in "Development Hell". Well, just recently, since DN4E is FINALLY {after forever} ready for release early this year {oct01-early02}, the decided to pick themselves up, and make the movie.

Right now, Duke Nukem is being developed.. and DAMNIT! By God if they can make a movie of Duke Nukem, THEY ARE GONNA MAKE DOOM BY ALL MEANS! {puff @@}

Anyway, I think the Train scence from the novel {Yes, I know everyone HATES the novels, im only talking about one part} was really sweet and would be cool to see in a.. er.. the movie. Doom damnit!

In the USA Today from a few weeks ago (the week Tomb Raider came out), they had a huge article about making games into movies, and Todd Hollensehend was quoted as saying that there're really trying to get the DOOM movie in production.

Cyberstorm- Thanks for that info, it has gotten my hopes up a little more. With Doom3 coming out, Duke Nukem the movie being made, and if its true that Todd, the ruler of id, wants to make a Doom movie.. Yay!!

Dear god, I do NOT want to hear Arnold say, "come get some" with a german accent.

/me shivers

It probably is not going to be Arnold. Besides, he wouldnt do a movie like that anyway.

I think they might be planning a Doom movie secretly, check this out, maybe someone should contact them and ask? >>>
Whois Results for doomthemovie.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Data in Network Solutions' WHOIS database is provided by Network
Solutions for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining
information about or related to a domain name registration record.
Network Solutions does not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a
WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this Data only for lawful
purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this Data to:
(1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail
(spam); or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
that apply to Network Solutions (or its systems). Network Solutions
reserves the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting
this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Registrant:
JFR Enterprises, Ltd. (DOOMTHEMOVIE-DOM)
4719 Reed Road # 366
Columbus, OH 43220
US

Domain Name: doomthemovie.com

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Billing Contact:
Rosenblum, John Frank (JFR4) jfr@JFR.COM
4719 Reed Road
Columbus, OH 43220
909 752 9774 (FAX) 530 504 7478

Record last updated on 09-Sep-2000.
Record expires on 12-Aug-2001.
Record created on 12-Aug-2000.
Database last updated on 12-Jul-2001 04:15:00 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.KUNGFUSOLUTIONS.COM 199.245.246.4
NS.KUNGFUDESIGN.COM 216.2.102.100

Are you sure you want a Doom movie?
I think it would be a dissapointment.
the directors \ writers wouldnt know what doom
fans want they would think about what makes money.
then they would probably dumb it down to a PG 13
rating.

YES YES! THEY ARE PLANNING A DOOM MOVIE! THE DOOM-THE-MOVIE-DOM DATABASE WAS JUST UPDATED TODAY! AND READ THIS TO!! >>>

John Frank Rosenblum

Motion Picture/Television/Internet Producer

Films and Television Programs On Which John Frank Has Worked
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trailer Park (The Sci-Fi Channel)

Anything Once (Dan Aeberhard Productions)

Cannibal The Musical (Troma)

Mimic (Miramax/Dimension)

Doctor Who (BBC)

Modern Marvels/Super Structures of The World (The Learning Channel)

Doom (Ethos Entertainment)

Are you sure you want a Doom movie?
I think it would be a dissapointment.
the directors \ writers wouldnt know what doom
fans want they would think about what makes money.
then they would probably dumb it down to a PG 13
rating.

No, they couldnt turn it to PG-13 becuase the whole series is violent, and rated MA 17+ The only reason they dumbed down Duke is.. I dont wanna start a flame war.. lol.

But this dude helped make the movie mimic, and he's working with Eithos on Doom, so it will be cool.

a doom movie would rock if it were made by people like us...by people who know what doom is all about...but ive said time and time again...hollywood has a way of screwing good movies up...all i have to say is if there is a doom movie dont get your hopes up too high...yet

Ok, now we know that a Doom movie is being made. This came so suddenly, can't believe actually.

I'm gonna check that site out soon. Now for my question about the movie:

Who will be playing the Doomguy? I would like to hear suggestions for this one.

I don't know about the DOOMGuy, but that USA Today article I was telling you about also had a list of Actors who they thought would be a good match for some game-to-movie characters.

Gordon Freeman - Harrison Ford or Chris O'Donnel (Apparently the latter wants to play him if the make a movie)
"Black Cat" from the new Westwood Pirate game - Katherine Zeta Jones
The chick from Perfect Dark - Sandra Bullock (I think)
And lastly, the Duke - The Rock (It's not too much of a stretch, as long as he doesn't say "Do you smellll what the Duke is cookin' or kill legions of monsters with the "People's Eybrow')

Also, I'm guessing that if Final Fantasy does good, a expect alot of updates to the DOOM Movie page. I think it would be guaranteed if the Duke and Max Payne movies succeed, also.

i always thought bruce willis looks like dude in the box at the bottom of the screen...the rock as duke nukem?? i hope to god not...sure he did a good job in the mummy returns and the scorpion king looks as thought its worth your money but i cant picture the rock as duke nukem...nor would i want to

Thats awsome man !!!!

I was excited when I first heard about the Doom movie, than
rumours were going about that Woody Allen was going to be the marine and make it more of a comedy. Not to mention that ass clown Leonardo Decrapio was in it as well when I heard it was going to be more of a comedy and with shit for actors I almost had a heart attack.

Now here it goes again, and if it's back in production and this time is gonna stay.

Arnold Swarchtenager (could never spell his name right)
Bruce Willis
Bruce Campbell

Those would be good actors, some others as well.

They make martial arts movies with choreographers on the sides.

They make military movies with soldiers on the sides.

They make make video game movies with MARKETERS on the sides.

All they have to do is deliver the contractually obligated pretty poses, at least 10, enough product placements to gag a rhino and whatever the hell the game was about won't even matter after they've made their millions.

Oh, and Arnold? Bruce? Bruce? Please.

They're hovering around 50 for God's sake. Your Doom character is a soldier, not a Seargant or General. Look at his face and on the box art. I'd place him between 25 and 35... those actors you mentioned are just too damned old to do the role properly.

That would be like having George Clooney play Hugh Heffner.

And what the hell is the argument here about Duke vs Doom? Why does this come up every damn time the movie is mentioned? Frankly I'll wager right now that the Duke movie will be more entertaining than the Doom movie.

First, the people at 3D Realms have final say over the script and actor choices. What the hell is wrong with the Rock? Wresting is gay, given, but otherwise he's a tall guy with muscles on his eyelids and he has the competency to read from a script. I'm just afraid of seeing him with bleached hair.

Second, neither game has much of a story so it's going to have to be brutally embellished. Tons of fluff and filler that will most likely bore the living hell out of the fans. You can't have a Doom movie with 50 minutes of gunfighting. That's a nightmare for the CGI crew, it'd cost them hundreds of millions, and on top of that it'd be BORING AS HELL to watch.

Third, name one Game to Movie that didn't have it's share of problems.

Tomb Raider -> Shitty plot, shitty set design, rediculous product placement...

Street Fighter -> Everything from the game was lost. The big American hero is an Austrian?!

Final Fantasy -> Miss 4 seconds of the movie and you're 100% lost on the plot, which requires more concentration than defusing 14 neutron bombs simultaneously. Or so I hear. Haven't watched it yet but I have a feeling I'll really dig it. I hope so, this would be the first game to movie that doesn't make the bile surge into my brain in an effort to erase it from my memory.

Oh fuck it. I think I'll watch FF today and pick myself up a copy of RedHat while I'm out. Then all I need is a suitably nerdy way to commit suicide.

Dude, deadnail, you need to re-read this shit, you missed somthing. There was no argument about Duke Nukem, the only thing said about was if they are producing DUke, they better produce Doom.

And who said Doom couldnt have a story? Doom3 is going to have a deep story, and Doom itself had a good enough story to produce a game.

And Duke will be better than Doom ehh? No man, I dont think so. If the movie was really based on DOOM it would be a million times better than Duke. The Duke movie is gonna suck. Its rated PG-13, and barely focused on the real story.

The Doom movie will probably start of on Mars with neat music, showing the marines open up the gates, and show the demons poor through, and then it would go to Earth, where hell has broke loose. The moviem, WOULD BE GOOD.

Has ayone here seen Shrek ? I went to see it just because Fred Nilsson (animator on the new DOOM) contributed to it, but it's surprisingly good as a movie too.

Now THIS would be cool - a computer generated animated movie of Doom. But none of the "magical talking animal fairy tale" crap of A Bug's Life or Toy Story - a dark, gritty, violent tale of war instead. It wouldn't need to be a straight translation of the Doom story - just having the setting would be cool.

This would also eliminate all this talk about "which actor would be best suited"... You could just model and animate them to your likings.

I don't really see this happening though, CG movies like this take years to animate alone, and cost shitloads of money - so a company like Dreamworks isn't going to take the risk.

If you haven't seen Shrek yet, go out and see it now. Even if the idea doesn't appeal to you in the remotest, go take a look at what computer animation can be.

Yeah! That would rule! A CGI Doom movie.. It isnt all that impossible. But yes, it would take a long time to produce.