Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phml

Phmlspd demos (Boom, -complevel 9)

Map02 UV Max in 4:29

Rushed, but compares more than well to my old 4:49 (december '09, when I started demorecording) and took about 1/10 the effort. :)

ph02-429.zip

Cool stuff. Although I'm not sure about that, I think pressing the switches in the red/yellow key room (lowering the walls connecting to the start room) might have allowed for stragglers to get to you quicker, around the five-six minute mark.

Phml said:

Cool stuff. Although I'm not sure about that, I think pressing the switches in the red/yellow key room (lowering the walls connecting to the start room) might have allowed for stragglers to get to you quicker, around the five-six minute mark.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. Although I'm pretty glad that the hud's available, because there's no way anyone can get a decent time without a monster counter or extreme amounts of luck.

I think the main problem with the routes that we used (I basically copied yours and ggg's) is that there's a huge chance to leave stragglers. I don't know how many demos were ruined by searching for that annoying HK or imp in the poisonous sea or little crevices, and thus ending up with a 9 or 10 minute demo.

One thing that was amusing in the 7:08 demo when I replayed it, was the cybie dying in the poison.

Edit: watching the demo again, I guess the cybie was actually weakened by infighting and finished off by the revenant, so the poison was irrelevant. Have no clue why I thought monsters could get poisoned.

Qaatar said:

Map 08 UV Maxes in 7:24 and 7:08.

Nice. I want to try again but can't for awhile. I think that map is my favorite of these.

Map01 in 3:08

Sweet mod. I first seen this mod in multiplayer and I thought, 'Is Phml on crack?'. Then I found out that the MP version was not made by him. He's perfectly sane after all. :)

phmlspdmap01.zip

Nevan said:

Map05 in 4:11

Your map 01 in 2:25 (uploaded onto Youtube) was nice as well. Should upload it here. :)

Yeah, I was meaning to upload that last week, but never bothered getting around doing so at the time.

Anyway, here's a run of Map06 UV-Max in 9:41, along with my Map01 UV-Max run in 2:25

ph06nevan-941.zip

Old Map06 max in 7:46 - never posted it because ToD was faster anyway.

Watching it again, lots of luck in that demo, and I think going for the blue key first makes more sense.

ph06-746.zip