Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
perkristian

Smoother weapon sprite animations - Released!

bgraybr said:

The shells and "corrected blood colors" aren't in this wad when I run it in Doomsday.

Presumably, due to their presence in the DECORATE version and not in the DED version.

Why are they even in this pack? It would make much more sense to omit them and put them in a separate mod - so that the pack is the same under all supported ports. Those additions seem rather out of place to me anyway.

DaniJ said:

Presumably, due to their presence in the DECORATE version and not in the DED version.

Why are they even in this pack? It would make much more sense to omit them and put them in a separate mod - so that the pack is the same under all supported ports. Those additions seem rather out of place to me anyway.

They aren't in the zip I uploaded, it still has the code for the shells in the Eternity definition, but not the sprites. The DECORATE dioesn't have them.

EDIT: I guess the EDF should be edited to remove those references for consistency, I might be able to figure it out.

I'm not quite up to speed here, so who other than phi108 has contributed to this version of the mod?

Just want to make sure people are properly credited.

If I'm not mistaken: Doomsday DDF tweaked by Vermil, Eternity EDF created by Esselfortium, and ZDoom DECORATE created by Phi108.

Just so people know, if you're trying to use this mod with Doom Enhanced in ZDoom, there may be conflicts. Weapons can not be cycled through if you're using doomenh-items.wad. Just exclude that file and run with doomenh.wad only along with this weapons mod and it should run fine.

Super bump

just posting to say that I converted this to .BEX format so it can run in limit removing ports!

http://jbserver.com/forums/attachments/8342_pk_anim.zip

But there's a catch.

1. SS Nazi's have been replaced with ammoclip-dropping imps (can potentially break compatibility with wads that change ss nazis into new monsters, such as Scythe 2 or UAC Ultra)

2. Item respawn fog has been replaced with plasma bolt shrapnel (it looks pretty much the same)

3. It's not an exact translation. The animations are still a little jerky for some weapons, I trimmed a few frames and/or some frames don't appear in the correct order, the chaingun is fucked up, and I'm not sure if the weapons fire at the same speed as the originals, so it still needs touching up. Also the super shotgun causes prboom-plus to crash for some reason.

If anyone would like to help work on this, please let me know. I'm very interested in getting this thing complete and looking as smooth as possible, while retaining the same behavior as the original weapons. I'm still relatively new to this dehacked stuff.

40oz said:

Also the super shotgun causes prboom-plus to crash for some reason.

Because there is no LoadShotgun codepointer in Doom and original A_Chase codepointer is trying to be applied for ssg animation. Replace it with LoadShotgun2 (and in whacked's configs too)

Nice job! I'd guess it's not in the same wad because Zdoom, Eternity, or Doomsday might have conflicts/bugs when the BEX loads with their specific definitions. A bex-only file doesn't conflict.
Edit: Oh, embedded in that specific zip, well ignore my explanation.

I left it that way in case anyone wanted to look at it. Anywho, I updated the link with the .bex file embedded in the wad. Also I edited the super shotgun, its hard to tell with how many frames it has but it's reload sequence was a little longer than the original. Should be on point now.

http://jbserver.com/forums/attachments/8342_pk_anim.zip

Tried it and the weapons work fine, however there's some small issue with hellknights and barons, their hands show as a greyish red rather than the usual green when they throw a projectile.