Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Katamori 1024 (Boom-compatible megaWAD)

Vaporizer said:

Looks good, but also very cramped.

I can't make all levels perfectly... but I think, it's not too cramped, only a bit :P

Cell said:

It was difficult, huh?
I'm wondering how fast and easily you finished with this.

Only a bit. The main parts of the level is the tunnels themselves, which I made early. The other parts was only some ideas.

Okay, everybody, I have good news!

I finished the seventh level (Simple Experiment), so now I uploaded a 7-level demo of the WAD, and if you want, you may try my levels :)

Download link in the first post, or here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X8VAQ2NQ

I might be happy, if you try it and write your advices and opinions :)

killer ninja said:

I would like to try this but it says the file is unavailable.

It's the mistake of megaupload. Try it again, or again later. I want to upload for Mediafire, but due to unknown reasons, I couldn't

LogicDeLuxe said:

There is a service for uploading it to several file hosting sites at once: rapidspread.com
So in case one fails, the user can simply try the next.

And if I upload my file here, it don't be deleted after x days, or x number of downloads?

I finally got it work. I tried map 7 and I must say I'm really impressed! The look was original and it was enjoyable. Good job! I'll try the other levels when I have time.

killer ninja said:

I finally got it work. I tried map 7 and I must say I'm really impressed! The look was original and it was enjoyable. Good job! I'll try the other levels when I have time.

Thank you :) have you found teleport glitches on MAP07? Because Cell said, he found, but previously I tested a lot, and I didn't find.

The "teleport glitch" itself is actually that: Arachnotrons happen to wander back and forth, and, when they step off the teleport platform, they don't, but when they accidentally walk back on it, they activate the teleport action and soon, one of them finds itself in the 64x64x64 "death cage", which kills the player, but doesn't kill them. Once one is stuck in that sector, player is not able to kill it, so in fact, you can't escape the level. What about removing those teleport actions?

Sadly, the "Hellskull teleports", which the teleport place of arachnotrons are out of the 1024x1024 edge, sou if the player can move on, he/she goes out to the 1024 area, which I can't let. I might make walls impassable, but this idea became troubles, because arachnotrons can't goes out to the hellskull teleport

That's a problem I see, as those 3 are just "mere decorations" just like outside areas or everything else players can't move into. In this case, don't you think you should make Arachies teleport onto the places of the dead Mancubi? Wait, there are only 4 platforms but 6 spiders. The last two should teleport somewhere else in the central area, maybe where the remaining 2 Mancs vere.
I suggest 'em under those hanging blue lights - you should make "Hellskull flats" there with NO deadly teleports.

On UV and NM there are 12 spiders :P and also, I can't add any useful decorates on the side of the teleports, if I delete them

Vaporizer said:

Some levels have way too many annoying tight corridors. The idea of these 1024 levels is NOT to make lots of them to make the level as long as possible.

I had some circumstances, where I must saved places. Althogh I tried to make tight corridors only when it was important question...

Vaporizer said:

Also, some of the level names make no sense at all. Chemically clean? What the hell?

It had Cell's idea, who helps me "behind the scenes" and he said it's OK

Vaporizer said:

EDIT: Oh, and MAP03 is one of the most frustrating levels I have EVER played.

Thank you :D it was my plan :D

Cell said:

Map07 is so small, it's too huge spoiler to post 6 pictures from it.

I don't think it a big problem about this level.

Also, MAP08 finished.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I finished MAP09. Soon I'll reach the last level of Episode 1. I want to finish episode 1 until March 2011. If it'll happen, I'll relase the WAD officially.

MAP09 pictures (click to enlarge):

Seriously, I can't figure out, why don't write you any opinions about my WAD... there are a lot of work-in-progress WAD thread, where I can see more and more posts, but here... seems like I write the posts for myself, but it's not true! (I hope...)

Katamori said:

Seriously, I can't figure out, why don't write you any opinions about my WAD... there are a lot of work-in-progress WAD thread, where I can see more and more posts, but here... seems like I write the posts for myself, but it's not true! (I hope...)

Just keep mapping away, the comments will come :)

What you're doing looks good, dude. I seriously can't think of much to add until I get around to play them. In fact, I'd say the lack of comments is partly because there's not really much there to criticize. (As in, there's nothing blatantly wrong for people to comment on :))

Insane_Gazebo said:

Just keep mapping away, the comments will come :)

What you're doing looks good, dude. I seriously can't think of much to add until I get around to play them. In fact, I'd say the lack of comments is partly because there's not really much there to criticize. (As in, there's nothing blatantly wrong for people to comment on :))

I don't stop mpping just because I don't get comments :) and thank you