Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unholypimpin

Doom2 Meets Zdoom(d2mzd) WIP -- (a doom2 remake wad)-- 14 map demo release!

w/e skill level you feel most comfertable but if you could play em all that would be awesome!!

like i said before this is for the latest zdoom not gzdoom so no 3d floors.

KDiZD-like Doom2 remake? That would be cool, but (I'm afraid) gonna be as underestimated as KDiZD was. However, I have some time for quick playtests.

Well, this doesn't look very much like KDiZD so far. Whether that's a plus or a negative remains to be seen.

I cant make this project look like kdizd, im just not that good of a mapper yet. Besides that would take too long considering kdizd only had to do 9 maps where as i got 32 maps =P

It's been a reativly long time since I heard from anyone here, so what's the deal? The progress bar is the same since what, last month? Nothing is being posted in your site.

I stopped posting on my site cuz noone seems to want to post at all.

I was thinking of posting more updates when map03 is finished and fixed up map01.

If you really want to try out what i got send me a pm and ill give you a link.

I really do want more testers for this and people that like it, because i dont want to go through all the work of making these maps and noone liking them.

Updateless topics are a well-known irritant, you're right.

well for this project i didnt want to update unless i made some considerable progress.

I have made progress on map01 changing and fixing many things and adding more detail, and made map01 slightly longer too.

my friend stopped mapping map02 so now i have to pick up where he left off.

map03 still isnt done yet.

I will post some more screenshots later on.

These are really nice, you are going in the right way with this project, keep it up!

Well, Map01 certainly looks a lot more like Entryway than it did before. Still, I think you've got a long ways to go before this project is fully realized. I've gotta be honest--I don't see anything here that really seems like it needs ZDoom in order to run. It's a little more detailed than the stock DOOM II maps and the rooms are bigger, but any limit-removing port could handle that. This could easily be changed to "DOOM II Meets Boom" and you'd lose nothing in the translation. Hopefully, this is just an early outline of what you're intending to do, and you'll add more ZDoom-style features like slopes, colored lighting, scripting effects, and the like.

ya once i finish 04 which already has quite a few zdoom features, like scripting, hud messages and colored rooms, i will be adding more features to the other maps.

I will also be adding sky boxes later on and there will be a few powerups ill be adding that require scripting. One such powerup is the UAC Elixer which turns the players screen red for a certain amount of time and gives the player +40 hp over the duration, the Elixer can also heal above 100 hp up to 200.

Well, that's good. And I like how the ending of Map01 transitioned into the beginning of Map02, with the watery floors and whatnot. (And you might also want to consider making the water ankle-deep, just for added detail.)

Hey, this looks really cool.

I would like to be a tester if you still need people, just let me know what sort of feedback you are after.

I like how the beginning of map01 now starts near that outside area with the chainsaw. The only thing I could see that could be improved upon is instead of having that starting outdoor courtyard surrounded by walls with no visible way out/in, maybe some zterrain could be used to add surrounding slopes and hills and a path could lead you to the main entrance. It would give that area a much more open feel.

Regardless, this whole project looks great so far

I love your map style, because it looks like a Doom official thing, and in my opinion I prefer that to a "funny 32 new maps".

I'd be happy to see some narrative stuff though, which is lacking in Doom original games. Instead of having just 32 maps to run from start to exit without really having a goal. (For those who played Warcraft III, you know it's really that stuff that got you sticked in the game from start to finish.) Anyway, I found for example that the Super Sonic Doom project did great job for *narration* part.

Also, having some objectives could be cool, instead of the traditionnal "Find the exit switch". I think of Goldeneye who would have been much less exciting if we had no objective.

Well, congratulation, I was glad to see there was still a project on Doom in 2010s! And what I saw of your maps was great!

_D_ said:

Well, congratulation, I was glad to see there was still a project on Doom in 2010s!

There's a bunch of them. Where have you been?

I dont want to change Things too much because I still want the wad to still feel like doom2.

I should have a alpha test out for all who want to help test my wad in 2 days probably.

Sometime in the near future I want to start brainstorming some cool titlemap ideas.

so far iv finished 4 maps and map05 is well on its way, then imma go back and polish all the maps detail wise, gameplay wise a difficulty wise.

Recently iv been playing around with monsters and giving them all a unique ability besides the attack they already have.
Im doing this mainly because I really wont be adding new monsters or weapons to this wad.

so far i made it so imps can teleport and all zombie monsters spawn a dark corrupting spirit 20 seconds after they die.

heres a gameplay video of a more polished version of map01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3-y9RaLvWE

note I'm probably gonna buff the spirits displayed in the video, but pistol zombie men will actually have a low chance to spawn them.
Also I'm gonna lower the chance that imps can teleport around.

Demons and Spectre will have the ability to lock the player down per bite only giving you a chance to get away after they bite but not during. This only comes into play if the demon is close enough to bite the player that is.

That whole "zombie spirit" idea seems really annoying, as you'd have to wait 20 seconds every time you kill one so the ghost doesn't mess you up in the next fight.

In the video it seemed like zdoom features were barley used, the only ones I could see were Colored lighting, flat/texture mixing, increased scrolling wall options, and that scripting at the end.

Despite those problems I think the level looks very well-designed.

Ya im gonna change the spirit spawn to 5 seconds instead of 20 and im going to make pistol zombies have a low chance to spawn them since on the first map it makes it harder since you dont have good weapons yet.

Also i made it so imps can now teleport onto higher ground, instead of just same level ground. Imps can nolonger attempt to teleport away when taking damage.

Map01 does have some more scripting n such but i didnt want to show the whole map in the video.

Map02 has an underwater area now.

heres a video that shows off the new intermission screen after you finish a map.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJkr2rxT9wU

please be aware that nothing here is final and can change in the future, so dont read too much into this.

let me know how you guys like it. also as a side note ill be detailing it much more later on before i release the first public beta.

heres some screenshots of the new map "Junk Heap" which will be inbetween the focus and the waste tunnels.

im looking for a few more testers for this wad, since map05 is almost done and ill soon be rdy to fine tune all the maps for the first public demo release of this wad.