Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

ZDaemon Switching Ports?

Okay, I would like to point out something: Nobody on Zdaemon ever plays any Zdoom wads. I'm there all the time, and about half the servers are running dwango5, and the rest run similar wads. I don't see what the point to having Zdoom features would be if nobody uses them. Personally, I think I would like to see Prboom used as the base for the next version of Zdaemon. Zdoom is really better for the single player environment, where you can have scripted sequences and stuff like that, but there's no point to having that kind of stuff in deathmatch. Frankly, what I'd like to see is somebody running mods on Zdaemon servers, or at least a dehacked patch to change the weapons. I think it would be awesome to play Aliens TC coop on Zdaemon, but for some reason, nobody has done it yet. Well, that concludes my rambling.

Originally posted by NiGHTMARE
Zaldron: I've heard that Skulltag, which is of course based off of ZDoom, will have an old school mode in the next version (possibly even including HOMs and VPOs ;) ).

Isn't that in the current version? Bah, I can't even keep track anymore :)

Anyway, if it's not in the current version, it'll be in the new one. At first I went as far as to limit the screen resolution to 320x200 :), but some people got pretty pissed about that (*cough*TOKE*cough*).

Originally posted by Carnevil
Anyway, if it's not in the current version, it'll be in the new one. At first I went as far as to limit the screen resolution to 320x200 :), but some people got pretty pissed about that (*cough*TOKE*cough*).

Just make very sure that HOM and VPO are included :D

Originally posted by Carnevil
Isn't that in the current version? Bah, I can't even keep track anymore :)

it's in the current public version.