Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OysterStew

PSP Doom Legacy Release 4

http://buretorp.blogspot.com/2011/02/psp-legacy-release-4.html

This is the 4th release of the Doom Legacy port to PSP and fixes several issues.

From the website:

"DOOM Legacy is a source port of the original DOOM for PC, which plays DOOM, DOOM 2, Final DOOM, and Heretic. PSP Legacy is DOOM Legacy for the PSP, which was ported by kgsws and later updated by Duke. I've made some additional changes for things that annoyed me when playing.

Change log:

* Fixed auto map rendering. Toggle with START button. You can zoom in by holding △ and zoom out by holding ◻.
* DOOM 1 - E3M1 no longer has clipped geometry and sprites in the beginning (bug in GU hardware renderer).
* DOOM 2 - MAP01 no longer has invisible walls and flats (BSP precision issue).
* Stick input is now analog and not digital. Added sensitivity controllers for both X and Y.
* Increased the number of sound channels from 16 to 24.
* Optimized sound mixing code.

Bugs:

* Standby will most likely crash the game (not related to my changes).
* Some levels have rendering errors (holes in floors and walls), but these are also found in the PC version of DOOM Legacy and has nothing to do with this port."

As well as singleplayer it also supports 4 player adhoc multiplayer coop and deathmatch. Runs custom vanilla and boom compatible levels (be sure to run these thru GLBSPX 2.24 first - rebuild nodes and insert GL info - I also suggest using GLBSPX to create external GWA files for your iwads). Allows up to 4 pwads or dehacked files to be loaded with game. Ingame cheat menu. Runs very smoothly. Requires custom firmware on PSP (Tutorials here http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies/ ) or a signed eboot which you can do yourself.

This is from the Doom Wiki:

"PSP Legacy is a source port for the Sony PlayStation Portable created and maintained by kgsws. It was originally based on Doom Legacy 1.42 but has since had many bugs fixed and most Legacy features added."

This is buttloads of fun to play DM or COOP with a friend(s). Multiplayer game setup is easy and gameplay is smooth and fast with two players (2 players ingame is the most I've tried so far).

Cheers

Ah what the hell, I'll give it a try.

Seems pretty good, but that music pack sounds like it was just recorded from dosbox.. which is not good. Some sort of midi playback is needed here.

Oh man, if only I could add bots in this version. Legacy bots were awesome.