• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zeta000

Share your Doom newbie experiences!!

1. Could not beat level 5,, even with cheating

3. Didn't know how to open doors!!

Heh how did you get that far without opening doors?

Originally posted by bigbadgangsta
Um...how could you not know how to open doors? F1 bitch.

F1 doesn't open any doors. It displays the help screen.

Spending a couple of hour's trying to get a serial link going
not being able to aim while running
thinking the double barrel shotgun was crap in DM

ah, the memories

I first played doom on the snes when I was 8, my brother rented, with the idea of me playing it, pretty much why he rented it... i was addicted right there, then I got it for my 9th birthday with the stratagy guide for it (I still have both + original box, lost my instructions tho)Then like a year later my dad bought a pentium 1 computer @ 133mhz and that same year my brother bought a gamepad with the shareware version of doom included, we later rented a psx and a few games for it, then awhile after that I rented PSX doom + a playstation (I rented doom + psx more then 30 times im sure) and about 3 months after that I bought doom2... mmm old days

we all did that, well mostly, but I meant the first time you played the game.

I never had a problem with beating Doom one when I first got it. It was actually too easy. I first played using a mouse with those ball-controls, so maybe there's an advantage to it.

The first time I played Doom was on Playstation and the ambient sound was actually a little more scarier then the original Doom on the PC. The PS game came out only a few months after Doom II came out and let me tell you something... that scared the fucken shit out of me and right after we beat in on Playstation I went right out and bought the thing for my computer and discovered the online community.

Since then, I have been part of the Doom community and my first handle was "Crimson". I played on Dwango more then anybody at the time. heh... the good all days. Now, life sucks and the Doom community is on the virge of death with the next release of Doom which can either bring it back or destroy it... forever.

Originally posted by Fredrik

Heh how did you get that far without opening doors?

DAMN! YOU BEAT ME TO IT....

Originally posted by Fredrik
F1 doesn't open any doors. It displays the help screen.

He know's that...what he meant was that the newbie should press F1 to find out HOW to open doors.

Originally posted by Crendowing
He know's that...what he meant was that the newbie should press F1 to find out HOW to open doors.

Heh I know that, it was a joke :P

Originally posted by orion
am I the only person that passed E1 without using cheats?

Can I join your secret club?

Originally posted by orion

Read my first reply. My first Doom was SNES so I couldn't cheat even if I wanted to. I beat E1 without cheating (although I didn't know it, I thought I lost because of the dark room at the end). I was 7 or 8 when I did that I think.

doom on the psx, swiftly followed by final doom, it started the obsession. bought it because it looked cool. soon after i got a pc. got all the doom i could for that. bought a used nintendo 64 so i could play doom 64, which i actually bought before getting the n64. i've resumed this behavior by getting a GBA soley for doom. hooked!

Originally posted by Lüt
Yeah, if I don't forget it all by then.

Heh, I'll be back on IRC in a few days, provided XP doesn't rape my system.

YES BUT THE QUESTION IS WHAT WILL YOUR NICK BE?

baron seen Lüt
no such user 'Lüt'
baron seen lüt
no such user 'lüt'
baron seen wetdrywall
so such user 'wetdrywall'
fuck that freak :P

Heh. This is a good story.

Way back when I was in second grade (1994), my dad brought home a computer for my birthday. There was a little shareware-pack of a bunch of different games with it. One of them was called "Doom". It looked really violent, and after reading the readme file, my parents outlawed it. Then, on New Years Eve, a friend of my dad's wanted to see it, so naturally my dad was like "Yeah, go for it!"

I loaded it up, and since I didn't know what to do, I started on Hurt Me Plenty since it was the default skill level. I got up to E1M7 before I was cornered by a gaggle of imps and brought down to 2 percent health before quitting because I was afraid of dying =)

Heh, hell no. I didn't even know the cheats existed until my cousin brought his Doom 2 over long after that and showed me the codes. I actually thought the whole thing was rather easy. After I beat the barons, I thought, wtf, that's it???

Originally posted by Maonth
I couldn't get past that trench in map02.

Hehe, neither could I. I posted something about that on a Doom newsgroup, and then found out that the shift key would make me run. Since then, my finger has never left the shift key while playing Doom.

The first time i played doom was back in 94, it was at a boy scout lockl-in and everyone brought all there games systems and computers. We played games ate pizza and drank mountain dew way into the morning. Anyways they first showed me wolf, which was ok. Then they showed me doom, the atmosphere creeped me out, but it was cool. Then the let me play it, (however the set the mode on UV and didn't tell me) anyway i got my butt kicked before i managed to open the door in e1m1. Im a shame to the doom community :-(

Originally posted by pritch
baron seen Lüt
no such user 'Lüt'
baron seen lüt
no such user 'lüt'
baron seen wetdrywall
so such user 'wetdrywall'
fuck that freak :P

Baron's a fucktard, he can't even see me when I'm IN the room.

I also enjoy how IRC doesn't allow a ü in a username, but you can type it in regular chats.

<deathz0r> baron seen lut
* Baron last saw lut (Loot@*.client.attbi.com) 3 days, 9 hrs ago.

WTF, that thing always says I'm unregistered or something, even with my regular nick (which I can't use anymore thanks to some friendly "advice" from Erik.)

it ignores registered names.

<deathz0r> baron stat sleepy_boy
<Baron> "sleepy_boy" not registered. Usage: stats {usage|chatter|kicks|bans|rate|idle|#<known_channel>|<reg'd_nick>}
<deathz0r> baron seen sleepy_boy
* Baron last saw Sleepy_Boy (iraqiTupa@*.cg.shawcable.net) 8 hrs, 22 mins ago.

Originally posted by deathwarrior
it ignores registered names.

So I have to unregister with nickserv if I want it to work?