Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

Eternity feature question thread

Here I'd like to post things I'm not sure about features:

- JumpIfNoAmmo: CheckReloadEx seems to already do what JumpIfNoAmmo does, and more. Is it deprecated then and kept only for easy ZDoom DECORATE porting?
- Player gun counters: They're still limited to just 3, not 8?
- PlayerStartScript: No option for ACS. I assume it's deprecated in favor of StartScript.
- frame args field: Is it officially deprecated? First part of the "Frame" article from the wiki says it is, but the part describing the field says it might still be useful for framedelta structures. If it's deprecated, is there another way to use them in delta structures?

printz said:

Here I'd like to post things I'm not sure about features:
- JumpIfNoAmmo: CheckReloadEx seems to already do what JumpIfNoAmmo does, and more. Is it deprecated then and kept only for easy ZDoom DECORATE porting?
- Player gun counters: They're still limited to just 3, not 8?
- PlayerStartScript: No option for ACS. I assume it's deprecated in favor of StartScript.
- frame args field: Is it officially deprecated? First part of the "Frame" article from the wiki says it is, but the part describing the field says it might still be useful for framedelta structures. If it's deprecated, is there another way to use them in delta structures?

• JumpIfNoAmmo is for DECORATE compatibility
  • Yes, guns have 3 counters a piece.
  • PlayerStartScript just hasn't been updated yet to allow ACS. I'll get around to it soon.
  • Only specification of args at the end of a cmp string is deprecated. Use of the args {} block is not deprecated in either frames or framedeltas. However, when using cmp frames, the syntax should be to include the arguments after the action function in parentheses, as in DECORATE states.

- Widgets. I remember seeing an experiment thread earlier with an impse picture overlaid on the HUD, among many other things.

printz said:

- Widgets. I remember seeing an experiment thread earlier with an impse picture overlaid on the HUD, among many other things.

Only accessible via Small scripting. Expect this API to return as part of Aeon in the future.