Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sheeple

Doom Builder 2 - monsters not showing up upon testing map.

I came back here with this problem my new girlfriend's having with Doom Builder 2. Each time she tests a map in Skulltag, mobs don't show up, despite her putting them here.

She's testing with Skulltag 0.98d-r3021 and editing on the latest Doom Builder 2 release, making the map for Zdoom in Hexen Format.

Check the monsters' thing flags. They might not be set to appear on the current difficulty level or game mode.

Also, if someone is just learning how to map, I'd recommend making a few things in Doom mode first. Hexen format is a lot more complicated, and will make things trickier and steepen the learning curve a bit more than necessary, IMO.

Also make sure to actually test with monsters enabled. Click on the little downward arrow on the "Test Map" tool bar button. There you can select the skill level and if you want to test with monsters (living Cacodemon) or without monsters (dead Cacodemon).

Also, what game mode are you testing on? Skulltag has an option to remove monsters in multiplayer (mainly for deathmatching on standard levels I believe), so if you're playing co-op check it's not enabled.

Xaser said:

Check the monsters' thing flags. They might not be set to appear on the current difficulty level or game mode.

Also, if someone is just learning how to map, I'd recommend making a few things in Doom mode first. Hexen format is a lot more complicated, and will make things trickier and steepen the learning curve a bit more than necessary, IMO.

I actually don't find Hexen format that hard to work with, I'll help her if she needs it.

Btw, she's testing in singleplayer I believe.