Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

This week's update has been posted. 124 new demos, including the last of the Compet-N incoming, and the beginning of the old PWAD demos. Until next week...

Andy Olivera said:

This week's update has been posted.

Did you receive my mail about Icarus and Darkening?

I better put it temporarily here:
-------------
-
And small suggestion for tables design: make grid lines between map rows more visual noticiable (thin double, for example).

Hitherto: Got them. I should be able to get them into the next update(which will be on Monday night instead of Sunday, since I have the day off and can add more demos).

Good idea about enhancing the grid lines to separate levels. That'll be next on my list of things to do, since it's simple.

The massive update of the week is up. 283 demos, including more AV demos from the Compet-N archives, the list Hitherto posted, and almost a hundred demos from newcomer(to the DSDA, anyway) TimeOfDeath. And for a little extra importance: we've passed the 10,000 demo mark!

Also, Hitherto's design suggestion of thickening the lines between MAPs has been implemented. Currently in the works is the ability to show all demos by a given player(suggested by gggmork), though I don't have an ETA on this.

Until next week...

Some notes:

• go3 is by gggmork. It can be found along with the rest of his "go" series here.
  • oopsie!!! is by Huy Pham, the creator of Deus Vult. This was a level he designed within 24 hours for the deathmatch WAD 32in24-6, under the mistaken assumption that it was a single-player mapping session. Nevertheless, it made it into the compiled megawad as MAP45. oopsie!!!.wad is the original standalone version, which runs on MAP01.
  • qrumpi is the first Ruba WAD to make it onto the DSDA. ;p

Thanks for the add! I forgot to include the author names of the wads that didn't have txt files, sorry about that. Here are the rest:

coopbuildlm by Dylan "Toke" McIntosh
dib28a by Ak-01, Doom Trooper, TimeOfDeath
ggg001 by gggmork
masterjumps9y by Morrison, TimeOfDeath
rjsloth12 by TimeOfDeath, Morrison
rjspace9f by EarthQuake
rjsur4c3 by CBAXZ
rjump_n1 by Nes
rjumpq by Marine, Dessico

Regarding my demos on coopbuildlm, dib28a, and strcoopa, would it be possible to include "Deaths allowed" and "No deaths" under the corresponding time?

coopbuildlm map08 14:52 max - Deaths allowed
coopbuildlm map08 21:48 max - No deaths
coopbuildlm map12 5:57 max - Deaths allowed
dib28a map01 8:48 max - Deaths allowed
dib28a map03 5:54 max - Deaths allowed
dib28a map26 8:18 speed - Deaths allowed
strcoopa 21:38 maxmovie - Deaths allowed

I remember trying to record on map45 of 32in24-6 but I couldn't figure out how to get to the maps after map32?

More author names that just came to mind...

• cwwad is by Chris Ward. The same e-mail address is used in the me.wad text file, and the author gives his name there.
  • testwad is by a Japanese ZDaemon player who uses the handle "masayann". It's actually an old version of Elegy, which comes in one-episode and two-episode forms, and may be found on his PARK of DOOM website. (Click "WAD," then "MY WAD.")
  • thissuxx lists, in its text file, two authors: "NFSfreak(tm)" and "Weeds". NFSfreak is Derek Cadwell. Weeds is Rich Nagel, a musician who most notably contributed to Eternal Doom.

The Green Herring said:

testwad is by a Japanese ZDaemon player who uses the handle "masayann". It's actually an old version of Elegy, which comes in one-episode and two-episode forms, and may be found on his PARK of DOOM website. (Click "WAD," then "MY WAD.")

Oh Elegy, the wad brings me back old memory. Sorry, I didn't know that the wad's demo was recorded and exists in DSDA.
The author's correct name might be "masayan" on alphabet. I will send him a mail soon.

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

Oh Elegy, the wad brings me back old memory. Sorry, I didn't know that the wad's demo was recorded and exists in DSDA.
The author's correct name might be "masayan" on alphabet. I will send him a mail soon.

Yeah. "masayann" is apparently his ZDaemon name, though, so I used that in my previous post.

As for testwad, you're not missing much. It's just the first four levels of Elegy with different (and optional) music, and Grazza's demo desyncs on both the uranus.wad and ares.wad versions.

TGH: I've updated the author names.

Tatsurd: The WAD is now listed under elegy, and contains both the old version(for Grazza's demo) and the complete one.

Thanks again, guys!

And for everyone, the Browse By Player feature is up and running. From the Players screen, click on the number of demos to view them all. It has a minor limitation in that as the player field is not shown, you can't see who the other players are for Co-Op demos.

The latest 135 demos are up, including the last of the AV demos and the beginning of the class_ep tables from the Compet-N archives. New demos this week include an updated dmonfear speed collection from Kimo. And finally, newcomer Monakhov Vladimir introduces himself to the community by opening a sizable can of whoop-ass all over the perdgate tables, claiming a cool 18 UVMax records. Now that's what I call an entrance! In addition, he has one each for MM and requiem.

I just noticed that this site hosts the wads as well as the lmps? That's cool because sendspace etc isn't permanent and idgames requires hurdles like ftp and an email address.
One problem is its very easy and convenient to post demos as attachments in the 'doom speed demos' forum, whereas submitting to the doomed speed demo archive requires extra work I assume.
I already made use of the browse by player feature, cool.

gggmork: Yes, the WADs are hosted, too(as are many source ports). One of my original goals in redesigning the site was to make it completely self-contained: everything necessary to play back the demos on the site should also be on the site.

As to posting to the DW Forums being easier, it definitely is. It's also faster, as I don't have time during the week to update the DSDA. What the forums don't have, though, is the ability to generate any sort of list, let alone sort them in any way. In my view, that makes the forums completely unacceptable as any sort of archive. While everything may get saved, that doesn't mean much if you can't find what you're looking for. There needs to be some sort of standardization.

Still, it doesn't take much time to fill in the essential info on the template and eMail them to me, either.:-)

The template is just, well, a template.:-)

All I request is a text file with the following information: WAD, map(or series of maps), category, exe/port(preferably with version number), length and author. That's all the info I need to enter the demo into the database, and will keep it from going unidentified if someone should happen to find it on their HD in the distant future.:-)

This week's update is finished. A mere 75 demos(I spent too much time watching TV on Saturday), including a good number from The Green Herring and more from the Compet-N class_ep tables.

Cool! A note should be added for the mrdm2401 NoMo which reads something like "Demonstrates an exit glitch," given that's what the purpose of the demo was. :) Oh, and if you haven't done so already, Andy, I hope you watch my iroquois max demo. I think you'll find it quite amusing. ;)

TGH: Demo updated and comment added. As to IROQUOIS: yuck! Not the demo, of course(that was creative), but the level. Reminds me of the first time I tried out DooM editing and the resulting level.:-)

Now for the real challenge: can you do it Tyson style?:-)

Another smallish update: 79 demos. A few new demos from Tatsurd, but the others are old Compet-N archive runs, including the last of class_ep and the beginning of hr.

This week's 254 demo update has just been posted. We have new stuff from Kimo and The Green Herring, an old wadpak2 set from Never Again and Bruno Vergilio, the included set from DV2, and over a hundred from the HR archives at Compet-N. Until next week...

Some things:

• Mike "Reineer" is more properly spelled "Mike Reiner". The misspelling is just one of many silly aspects of his dv2 MAP32 demo's very obvious joke description. ;)
  • My 32in24-d demos were recorded with Boom v2.02, not Doom2 v1.9. The latter would be impossible, anyway, since the WAD is a Boom WAD. :P