Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Vanguard demos [-complevel 9]

dannebubinga said:

Nice demo dew. I liked the jump to the yellow key. Never thought of that hehe.

Same here, great run! Great tricks and congratulations for that! It's just a sad thing that they don't seen to be useful for a Max run or maybe I'm wrong? Hm.

i'm afraid their use for max is limited, there are too many linedefs to trigger and have monsters teleport in. well, i guess you could jump for the YK after you grab the soulsphere, then go back a bit on the ledge to activate the caco linedef and i dunno, maybe they'll infight or flock for you... it's a longshot and i can't tell if it's useful. :)

map03 uv-speed in 0:54

i had to use at least one jump with that many viles around. :) the run is messy, but i don't plan to improve, the map makes me nervous.

the vile closets at the RK have the architecture required for a void glide and the exit is right next to one of them. i wasn't successful in either gliding or activating exit from the void, so at least i'm making a note for any future experimentators.

vg03-054.zip

Memfis said:

Map01 UV-Speed in 0:24

Sweet trick memfis. I tend not to explore possibilities of breaking a map before I run it hehe. I think I'm gonna try and beat your time using that trick. Is that ok? :)

dannebubinga said:

I think I'm gonna try and beat your time using that trick. Is that ok? :)

Of course!

Memfis: yeah, Murphys law truly applies to that route you discovered on map 01 :/

Map 08 UV-speed in 0:59

Nothing fancy at all about this demo. It's clumsy and I get stuck in every monster possible. I can't seem to find any neat shortcuts either.

vg08-059.zip

dew said:

map09 uv-speed in 1:20

now with extra silly tricks. :)

What a lovely double AV Jump :)

dannebubinga said:

Nice dew!

Map 10 uv-speed in 2:31

The red key room didn't treat me with enough respect... Some clumsy stuff as well. Please beat this time :)

Haven´t dew recorded 2:23 already? :)

Gusta said:

Haven´t dew recorded 2:23 already? :)

Whoops. I missed that one! You can still watch it if you want to see an arch-vile jump though. Maybe if someone as fast as dew could use that trick the time could be improved.

dannebubinga said:

Map 10 uv-speed in 2:31

wow... awesome av jump! i already recorded a trickless run that's slightly faster, because i didn't get stuck in the RK fight. if you can take my route and insert your jump into it, you'll get a great improvement!

Gusta wrote:
0:30 or less could be possible.

how optimistic. :)

dew said:

how optimistic. :)

Isn´t it? :) Well, I think I can get 0:32-33 if I do clean run (which is almost impossible here :) so your target should be those 30 seconds! :)

MAP04 UV-Max in 4:59

FINALLY I beat the 5 minute barrier. It's impossible not to love my 1% moment on the very last seconds of the run, with hitscanners, Hell Knights and Lost Souls all around me, haha (:

vg04-459.zip

map11 uv-pacifist in 2:56

sorry, skillsaw, i broke your map. :) the last speed for the table is by far the ugliest.
anyways, there's an unused trick, the revs can hold the wall down at the RK. it takes too much luck and speed though.

vg11p256.zip

dew said:

map11 uv-pacifist in 2:56

sorry, skillsaw, i broke your map. :) the last speed for the table is by far the ugliest.
anyways, there's an unused trick, the revs can hold the wall down at the RK. it takes too much luck and speed though.

no need to be sorry, I get a real kick out of seeing this stuff. keep these coming :)

I loved the AV jump in dannebubinga's MAP10 uv-speed by the way.

skillsaw said:

I loved the AV jump in dannebubinga's MAP10 uv-speed by the way.

Thank you :) I thought you placed those arch-viles there JUST so you could do that jump ;)

dannebubinga said:

Thank you :) I thought you placed those arch-viles there JUST so you could do that jump ;)

I'm not that smart!

MAP11 UV-Max in 7:19

Amazingly pleased with the final result, considering my first target was to get this to sub-9. In time, what a great level.

Now time for MAP08 to finish filling the Max tables :)

vg11-719.zip

Map13 pacifist is impossible? It looks like the monsters can't hit Romero when they are on the same floor height. (Tatsurd had similar problems with cacos on scythe map30)

I also had a crazy idea to glide outside of the ring and try to stand higher, but even if glide is possible the "stairs" are too big to climb.

MAP08 UV-Max in 3:35

Whew, finally! After like 7 exits with one or more monsters left alive, I finally get a valid Max. Not only that, this was also the best time I've ever got, YAY!

Amazingly happy with this and trust me, anyone tryone to beat this will have a hard time since he/she would need even greater luck and this level looks linear to me. My primary goal was of course sub-4, which was at first quite hard to get.

vg08-335.zip

1ntru said:

MAP02 UV-Max in 3:22

Very satisfied to finally get something lower than 3:25.

MAP02 UV-Max in 3:06

I wonder why even in hardworked demos in which I get impressive times I can't get them to look good.

vg02-306.zip

1ntru said:

I wonder why even in hardworked demos in which I get impressive times I can't get them to look good.

yeah, you missed two or three ssg shots, how dreadful. :) this looks excellent, especially considering the free roaming cacos and hard to herd weaklings. perhaps you could optimize for an eternity or two, but you're clearly suffering from speedrunner's haze - after too many attempts you stop seeing the run as a whole and focus solely on the little hiccups that went sub-optimal. happens to most of us. :)

seems like the first symptoms of a perfectionist syndrome :)) -
something if I were to suffer from, I'd be embarassed 3/4 of my demos are even plaguing DSDA

Well, I'm a perfecctionist when it comes to recording demos. If you watch Okuplok, TimeOfDeath, SAV88 or Sedlo demos you'll know what I mean. I simply don't have the skill and/or will and/or patience to do so. And that syndrome comes way stronger when it's about 3-4 minute demos. :(

I'm quite sure you have an idea of how it fells to spend hours straight to have a semi-optimal demo in which you get hit by a Hell Knight from far away with 64 damage and miss three SSG shots, which makes it all look very ugly and beatable. It just feels like Radek Pecka could beat my 3:06 in like, 5 tries.