Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insane_Gazebo

Sunder - Map20 Appears, finally.

Grain of Salt said:

If MAP11 is MAP16 in Scythe 2, I might be able to narrow it down a little further. I dimly recall reading that the music in SC2-16 is a reference to a section from a Metroid game in which you encounter a hostile clone of the main character. Sadly, I know nothing about Metroid, so I can't find the exact track.

EDIT

Found it. It's not quite the same in General MIDI, but I'm sure it's the right thing.

I am disappointed in myself as a Metroid fan for not making that connection on my own >_<

Insane_Gazebo said:

(I may add difficulties depending on how popular they are in a map set like this - though how many players play 'slaughter maps' on anything but skill 3/4? :P)

So this is why I can't even play this on Skill 1? Whatever dude, at least I have godmode.

Damn, you were right when you said it was for doom-gods only.

>Get armor, shotgun, shit like that
>Open door
>See Arch-vile
>Nope.xml

Sorry for the 4chan shit, but that's pretty much the only way I can explain it.

Noticed another quite a huge bug in map 2. In the room with bunch of HKs, if they are not raised up already, there is an easy way to skip the line that makes them appear by strafing through the right corner of stairs on the left side of the room. After that you can press all switches and line should still remain triggerable, so you could even kill them after pressing all switches.

Marnetmar said:

Damn, you were right when you said it was for doom-gods only.

>Get armor, shotgun, shit like that
>Open door
>See Arch-vile
>Nope.xml

That was kinda my expression too when I opened the door. I want to blast through this wad sometime, but it's so incredibly hard that it's not funny. Although I have to say, I managed to complete the first 3 maps of this, and it was incredibly fun doing so. Maybe I'll just have to try harder on this (and save a fucking lot while I'm at it) because this wad is a real beautiful piece of art.

Any news of an update? It's been a few months, wondering if anything's happening here. Hope so, it's an awesome wad.

If I had to venture a guess I'd say Gazebo is butting his head against some limits again :P I've had to expand Eternity twice already just to keep it running this wad :> (first was a numerical stability fix, second was addition of ZDoom uncompressed nodes and full removal of the segs/subsectors limits).

I hope there's more maps to be seen and updated. So far there's only 14 maps in Sunder, this wad is so awesome. If there's more maps updated, probably we can watch some new demos by okuplok90 again.

Every time I see this thread at the top of the sub-forum I get excited for an update, only to be disappointed. I can only imagine how much bigger the maps can get...

Welp now that thread got bumped, I can complain.

Map 13 doesn't work for me on glboom+ 2.5.0.8 exiting with error message "gld_FlatEdgeClipper : Too many points in carver" - it does work with prboom+ of the same version though. Help!1!

j4rio said:

Map 13 doesn't work for me on glboom+ 2.5.0.8 exiting with error message "gld_FlatEdgeClipper : Too many points in carver" - it does work with prboom+ of the same version though. Help!1!

Use the latest release.

I'm not gonna lie: I only play this because the maps are some of the finest examples in Doom mapping ever. To be able to beat them, though, it's a whole different story.
Maybe I could beat them playing coop with, say, 99 buddies :P

entryway said:

Use the latest release.

I wonder why haven't I thought of that.
Thanks.

For the hell of it, I decided to port the first 5 levels of Sunder to Chex Quest 3. Download here. If you want more information and screenshots, look here. Just to note, it is quite a bit easier than the original by default, as most of the enemies have less attacks, have weaker attacks, and a lot of enemies didn't have counterparts so were deleted.

This is one of the most beautiful sets of levels for Doom ever. Has anyone beat all of the current levels legitimately?

Marcaek said:

This is one of the most beautiful sets of levels for Doom ever. Has anyone beat all of the current levels legitimately?

j4rio has beaten quite a few legitimately. Okuplok has beaten them all but people most of the time are suspicious about his legitimacy thanks to his amazing evading skills.

I don't want to derail thread, but I find okuplok's stuff entirely legitimate. That guy still is one of the most awkward doomgods ever.

Yeah, I think Okuplok's stuff is entirely legitimate. Speaking as someone who's only capable of beating Sunder with copious amounts of saving and loading, the evading itself isn't the hard part, it's remembering not to evade into the middle of a horde or into lava. It requires a level of tactical thinking that I do not have, but he definitely does.

Besides, who are these "people most of the time"? The only person so far who I've seen express this sentiment was YOU. Are you trying to use Fox News tactics on us?

Wow, some people are assholes. Doesn't surprise me about myk, but I thought Use3D would have been more reasonable.

EDIT: Say, Gazebo, if you're still around, I have a request. I remember that originally the first two maps were completely different, but I never got to play them because I started testing just after you've scrapped them and replaced them with Python and The Burrow. Do you still have the original MAP01 and MAP02 and if so, could you make them available? I'd like to test myself against them.

The early version of Hag's Finger was never even halfway finished. What you see in that picture is all there is. Only a tiny corner of the outmost circle was ever completed, analogous to the very first room in the final version.

If you still want it, here it is: http://www.zshare.net/download/92072099b93ffede/

Sadly, I don't think I have the early versions of Sunder itself anymore, as I overwrote them. The earliest one I have is one with Pale Monument already at MAP08 and playable.

They were completely different. When I joined in the testing, Gazebo had just remade them as the two we have now, and the screenshots in the first post still showed the originals. They were insane. I seem to remember there being posts about them, but they either got deleted or I'm misremembering.