Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang

2002ADO demos [-complevel 3]

E1M9 UV-Max in 5:09

I had to do it...I got stuck on the door in the final sprint so I'm not sure if a second or two can be knocked off still.

a1d9-509.zip

Thanks! Nice job on yours too, that was intense!

Here's episode 1 max in 35:00. Text file template stolen from vdgg, hope he doesn't mind :D

a1e13500.zip

Filler demo for E1M9 tyson in 13:06, done without any planning or forethought. Should be amusing to watch...

a1d9t1306.zip

E1M6 UV-Fast in 5:01

Undone UV-Fast.

Thanks, unreachable imps, you made me not break the 5-min barrier. Still, I kinda like the final result.

a1d6f-501.zip

Wow nice one, Rizera. I love the way you killed the 2 pinkies after the yellow key door.

NoobBait said:

Wow nice one, Rizera. I love the way you killed the 2 pinkies after the yellow key door.

Thanks a lot! (:

It wasn't too hard to get so it probably won't be that hard to beat, but this map can be a bitch especially the first 10 seconds and those unreachable imps that won't move with -fast. I reached (and failed) that area like 3 to 4 times.

NoobBait said:

E3M9 UV-Max in 1:11

Wow, that was lightning fast!

Haha, what´s going on in this thread? I try to watch all of these chronologically, I´m still on the previous page... Will watch that nightmare on E4M1 soon, congratulations to Didier!

One thing: a2d3-410 is not a -complevel 3 demo. To encourage NoobBait to record a better one, I recorded the following Max on E2M3:

a2d3-407.zip

Wow thanks vdgg, not sure how that happened but I'll take your word for it lol.

Here's E2M3 UV-Max in 4:00. I'm kind of tired because I just got home from work, so I might try this one again tomorrow.

a2d3-400.zip

E1M2 UV-Fast in 3:34

Another undone UV-Fast.

As usual, the start is the hardest part. The 8 imps corridor was quite annoying as well. Here is another filler.

a1d2f-334.zip

NoobBait said:

E1M5 UV-Max in 4:48

SIGH! I got to the exit of this map four goddamn times and in all of them I missed at least one monster. Can you recommend me anything? (Hmm. Seems like the ones near the exit always fail to teleport).

cannonball said:

E2M8 UV Max in 0:47.09
So 46 seconds must be possible???

Yep it's really possible even get under 0:45 if good infighting or luck is provided.

Anyway future playthoughs of my 2002ADO will be listed below:

E1M2
E2M8 Redone
E1M7 Redone
E2M3 Redone
E3M6
E1M6
E4M9

etc.

E3M1 in 1:46
Next map on the list, this was actually quite easy and mistake at the end makes around 1:44 possible.

Oh yeah 45 seconds and below is possible for E2M8, but a lot of rabbits feet are required to get the ammount of luck required to get that time.

a3d1-146.zip

Nice run Cannonball, I am waiting for your E3M2 run. E3M2 has very limited ammo at the beginning and there are a lot of annoying lost souls. The yellow key switch is also designed badly for the imps teleporting.

My run is 9:05, hope to see you can get below 9 minutes.

@1ntru: No, I never did find a reliable way to not miss kills in e1m5. I had many 99% demos and basically just killed until I felt I had killed enough then exit and hope for the best. This may just be my imagination, but it feels like in -fast it takes even longer for monsters to teleport in.

E2M9 UV-Max in 4:33

a2d9-433.zip

E1M5 UV-Fast in 4:53

After EIGHT (if I am not miscounting) exits with one or more monsters alive, I finally got them all to teleport, thanks to a new route.

This is just five seconds slower than the UV-Max run which is a great surprise.

a1d5f-453.zip