Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang

2002ADO demos [-complevel 3]

I gotta say that Vile's performance on E4M6 is amazing and I'm not even close to beating his time. I just did 16:51 two times in a row. :)

I guess that's the kind of map that requires REAL skill and not just ability to replay the map many times.

E1M5 UV max in 4:48
I stopped at lunch and couldn't be bothered to get this lower. Oh well 4:3X should be reachable.

Yeah Vile's time on E4M6 is exceptional, i looked at his demo, the only real mistake i say was when he fired a rocket into a door. For just over 15 minutes work, that's all i can see. I will give it a shot when I make it that far.

a1d5-448.zip

I know some time savers for E4M6:

kill cyber with 2 BFG shots
skip more lost souls
telefrag 2 barons in sector 562

Still behind in watching :) Max and Tyson for that simplistic map of E2M8 are fantastic. And it´s funny to read the demopack comment on E2M8 ("what´s there to optimise?"). As for E4M2 Max, Vile could have achieved 4:33 had he chosen the normal exit...

vdgg said:

As for E4M2 Max, Vile could have achieved 4:33 had he chosen the normal exit...

I also figured it out (long ago). I checked that it would be 4:32 if done right.

I think i should get back to episode 3, especially as most of viles records remain untouched
aims
E3M2 - time around 7:30
E3M4 - below 6 minutes
E3M5,6,7,8 below vile's times (it's probably mission impossible :P)
Anyway E3M2 in 8:04
Work in progress is all I say

a3d2-804.zip

I been quite boring on 2002ADO now, I max so much these few days on it. Anyway nice playthough all of you of beating other's record. And I like your fast playthough of E3M2 Cannonball! :)

cannonball said:

E3M4 UV Max in 5:48
Finally got this one below 6 minutes :)

Nice time. :)

One question: wouldn't it be faster to walk out of the blue key room and come back later on to it, after all monsters have teleported? I tried something like that in my E1M5 UV-Fast and it was faster.

cannonball said:

Now onto the maps where stx-vile is king :S

Good luck with E3M5. I watched Vile's run and it looked pretty beatable at first sight...so I dedicated to it for a few and kept failing...so once finally after a lot of tries I got to the blue key room. I was only 10 seconds ahead of Vile after trying like one hour and a half. Thus, I judged that level as too hard and annoying and I don't want to play it again.

Also, is there an untriggerable secret on E3M5? Vile skips it, only 75% secrets on his max demo.

cannonball said:

Now onto the maps where stx-vile is king :S

stx-vile's record will be very hard to beat, he's one of the very best doomer here. He's about the skills of Blob1024, Tatsurd, j4rio and Qaatar, but still good luck to you. Hope you can beat his record.

1ntru said:

Nice time. :)
One question: wouldn't it be faster to walk out of the blue key room and come back later on to it, after all monsters have teleported? I tried something like that in my E1M5 UV-Fast and it was faster.
Good luck with E3M5. I watched Vile's run and it looked pretty beatable at first sight...so I dedicated to it for a few and kept failing...so once finally after a lot of tries I got to the blue key room. I was only 10 seconds ahead of Vile after trying like one hour and a half. Thus, I judged that level as too hard and annoying and I don't want to play it again.
Also, is there an untriggerable secret on E3M5? Vile skips it, only 75% secrets on his max demo.

I'll look into that, probably when i quit trying e3m5 today. This level is bad-ass, looks and gameplay. I tried a iddqd run on both pr-boom and vanilla and found that i could trigger all the secrets. I Guess this is another map which was fixed so this secret would work.

cannonball said:

I'll look into that, probably when i quit trying e3m5 today. This level is bad-ass, looks and gameplay.

Well, I agree this map is bad-ass looking. I don't know which style I can describe in this map. Heretic? Hexan? Gothic? Doom 3 ROE like? I am not sure. I may like the music, but I also don't like this map much. I hate the way of doing the repeating process again and again, by shooting imps that teleport repeatly.

E3M9 UV Max in 1:10
Sorry, I just needed to cool myself down a little bit after having my butt kicked, and did this level. This can be pushed under 1:10

a3d9-110.zip

E3M7 UV Max in 8:26 (do not upload to DSDA)
Got to find just over half a minute. This level needs to be played very different to others. I'm not aggressive enough. Yeah 10 seconds could be dropped by that bfg fail at the blue key door :P

a3d7-826.zip

cannonball said:

E3M7 UV Max in 8:26 (do not upload to DSDA)
Got to find just over half a minute. This level needs to be played very different to others. I'm not aggressive enough. Yeah 10 seconds could be dropped by that bfg fail at the blue key door :P

Nice, below 8 minutes is certainly possible. Try using different methods, keep using plasma gun and rocket launcher is good. If there's enough luck, a zombie may shoot a switch and open a door(Just near the beginning with a baron guarding the stairs), this can saves some time also.