Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

DTWID: Project is done, check the release thread

We have been actually talking about making your map a first map. So remove the Baron and decrease the number of specters and cacodemons and I think it should be fine.

I created an intro screen for dtwid, but apparently Hellbent doesn't think it conveys the feelings of classic Doom. The image on the right is the size and palette it's supposed to be, and without the text just to see what it looks like.

http://i.imgur.com/iLilz.jpg

Eh, it looks like a titlepic for a more horror type wad. It looks really cool, but it doesn't fit in my opinion. I would've like the original Doom title pic with "The Way id Did" under the title, or something similar.

Hellbent said:

is my edit of your e2m1 in there by any chance?

It is. I was going to take the latest version I made and insert your better additions myself but it'll have to wait until I get some more computer time.

Could you please take down my E1M7? It's just an unfinished version of my E1M5. There's no use in having duplicates anyway.

Matt534Dog said:

Could you please take down my E1M7? It's just an unfinished version of my E1M5. There's no use in having duplicates anyway.

Sure. Done.

I've assigned all of your submission to your account, you should be able to edit them yourself now ;)

Kracov said:

I created an intro screen for dtwid, but apparently Hellbent doesn't think it conveys the feelings of classic Doom. The image on the right is the size and palette it's supposed to be, and without the text just to see what it looks like.

<snip>

I'd replace the red Doom logo with the classic regular Doom logo.

Kracov said:

I created an intro screen for dtwid, but apparently Hellbent doesn't think it conveys the feelings of classic Doom.

Pitch-black imps with glowing red eyes, bright green fog drifting over the nukage reservoir -- it looks like a screenshot of a test room for some "GZDoom enhancements mod" with terrain-generated effects and brightmaps and stuff.

If it were drawn, Punchatz style, that scene wouldn't be a problem. But here it's obviously a screenshot -- the nukage floor, the walls, the imp sprites all show this has been rendered, not drawn -- and it just cannot be a screenshot of vanilla Doom. It's either using some funky mod for advanced source ports or Photoshop retouching; neither of which are "the way id did".

Maybe I could put together a second megawad featuring maps that didn't make it into the final wad. 3 or 4 episodes.

Wow, these are cool title pictures! I love mostly the cyber-demons'. First 4 are not good for a DTWD title picture.

@Pcorf: Don't make it yet, cuz the new alpha will get new maps. And you may put maps that are actually in the new alpha.

Marnetmar said:

You stole my title screen ya thief! *cries*

I love the fifth one though.

ellmo stole yours at his site.

C30N9 said:

ellmo stole yours at his site.

Huh? I don't see it anywhere. Mine is the "Hellbent's about to make you his bitch" one.

Marnetmar said:

Huh? I don't see it anywhere. Mine is the "Hellbent's about to make you his bitch" one.

Yes I know.

Oh wait, just saw it and it wasn't there. How? I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere else... :S

C30N9 said:

Yes I know.

Oh wait, just saw it and it wasn't there. How? I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere else... :S

Changed it, I needed something with alpha background.

The middle row is soooo good! Wow, I mean, wow.

Of those my fav would be second column, second row: the red and black cyberdemon head is the only original art here (rather than montage of pre-existing stuff; though I'm not sure about the eyes on the third row). Unless it was stolen from another mod or grabbed from some random kid's DeviantArt page, it should be the one used, IMO.

Gez said:

Of those my fav would be second column, second row: the red and black cyberdemon head is the only original art here (rather than montage of pre-existing stuff; though I'm not sure about the eyes on the third row). Unless it was stolen from another mod or grabbed from some random kid's DeviantArt page, it should be the one used, IMO.

that's my fave, too Gez. Apparently it's zoomed in of the cyb head on the far left (also "original", even if it's hand made from the ingame cyb).

Marnetmar said:

Perhaps the one with Hellbent's head could replace the current ending screen.

might be a little too tongue in cheek for a project that takes itself pretty seriously as trying to do something that feels authentic. But I appreciate the... thought? heh

I like the fifth and seventh title screens submissions, and I'd second the severed Hellbent head for the end of game screen.

In order from left to right:

1. Too busy. Logo too dark.
2. Logo too dark.
3. Great.
4. Too monochrome.
5. Eh.
6. Too monochrome.
7. Ok.
8. Ok.
9. mite b cool
10. Works better as an ad.
11. Great.
12. Great. Looks goofy, but works in favor.
13. Better as an end screen.
14. DooM title too out of focus.

I really like 5, but it'd probably have to be changed to look less like a cartoon