CorSair: I've updated your pending entry's named. Ultramarine Kingston sounds good. Reminds me a bit of Warhammer. :)
Jaws in Space: Added your completed entry to the OP, bringing us to update #9! My thoughts on your map, by the numbers:
- Played on HMP.
- It starts off nice and quiet, with some good downrange pistol shoot-offs to warm up with. Reminded me a bit of Wolfenstein 3D at this point; in a good way.
- But the sounds of Cacos and Pinkies help to ramp up the anticipation of more thrilling fights to come.
- The boxy S-shaped hallway, that gets progressively darker really made me wonder if I should be going down that path before picking up a shotgun, lol. Then I actually arrived at the dark room with bodies all around, and decided to double-back like a wuss. Great atmosphere so far at this point.
- Nice, non-linear design.
- Two bushels of Imps + two boxes worth of rockets = fun fun fun!
- There's really no hint that the secret's entrance is an entrance at all, but I got it without any trouble, and it's not like I was wall-humping before that point. So I guess you're relying on some kind of Doomer sixth sense. Can't complain. Oh, and the side textures of the entrance aren't unpegged, but it still looks alright, so maybe it's intentional.
- Oh yeah, and the contents while not necessary when I found it, were much appreciated when I doubled-back for health!
- Ammo might be a little too sparse. I was down to my chainsaw at more than one point.
- Yet later on I maxed out on clip ammo, so maybe I was just not doubling back enough.
- The second Berserk Kit seems a bit redundant. But I'm not going to snub my nose at more health.
- Two chainsaws in one level? I can see why, though, as some areas would be nigh impossible without it.
- Good amount of height variation; moreso later in the level.
- Not a lot of room to maneuovre, though.
- Got to the end switch (suspected it was the end, so I saved first). Turns out there's a pretty big surprise for players that was to stick around after that. I couldn't beat it, personally. :P
Good entry overall. The brown in an interesting change from the grey palette we usually get. I was a little disappointed when I saw the switch texture, though. The name "Support Storage" is also a little strange - makes me think of a techbase, but the level is more like a grotto.
Last edited by schwerpunk on Feb 10 2013 at 15:37