CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT
It's interesting to question what those monster sounds were based on, or what other games use similar sounds, especially where unexpected. Both from Doom 1, 2 and 3:
(just before anyone posts without reading this completely, I DO know Doom sounds are from a common source, no need to reiterate this for me)
- The imp shorter death sound, when pitched up by 100%, sounds just like a Diablo 2 goat man pain sound
- The Doom 3 pinky-demon sight sound is VERY much like a Heretic Maulotaur - which I'd guess it's commonly used for LIONS, not bulls, in cinema.
- Similarly, Doom 1 demons sound too much like lions, with all their sounds. They're such good quality that when I walked in a park I suddenly heard a beastly noise, which included clips from the Demon death sound. I would have guessed it was a speaker, but I wasn't quite sure, so I turned back. Thankfully I wasn't the target of the prank.
- For me the imp sight sound was always like a man's whisper (which is odd, because imps are monsters, not humans to do whispers), and the active sound like a human snoring.
- Lost souls, again like a high pitched whisper, yet it's a supposedly voiceless burning skull.
- The second former human sight sound is commonly used for SOME OF THE MOST VICIOUS monsters in cinema. There's a less known movie about tornadoes, and one of them makes noises just like the former human! I'm fully aware of this Sound Ideas commonness, but still, think about a growling tornado. Also, no wonder the cyberdemon death sound makes you think he turned into a former human when dying.
- I just love the draconic sabreclaw song.
- Cyberdemons really sound like some big one on high notes, or a big woman saying BLOOOOOO.
- Their walk sound is more like hammering a nail, than actual robo-walker.
I'm tired, so this is all.
Eternity GZDB UDMF Config (updated 31/08) • Top /idgames WADs • Automatic Wolfenstein - Version 1.0.1 - also on Android (Updated 28/03/2015)