User Control Panel | Member List | FAQ | Privacy Policy | Blogs | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > DTWID: Project is done, check the release thread
Pages (120): « First ... « 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:47. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
C30N9

We have been actually talking about making your map a first map. So remove the Baron and decrease the number of specters and cacodemons and I think it should be fine.

Old Post Aug 6 2011 18:14 #
C30N9 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Marcaek

Reupload of my decent maps:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29...Cmaps_DTWID.zip

There is a newer version of E2M8 in here, quite a bit better than the version included in the alpha.

I might try redoing my E3 map but no guarantees.

Last edited by Marcaek on Aug 6 2011 at 21:08

Old Post Aug 6 2011 21:02 #
Marcaek is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Marcaek said:
Reupload of my decent maps:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29...Cmaps_DTWID.zip

There is a newer version of E2M8 in here, quite a bit better than the version included in the alpha.

I might try redoing my E3 map but no guarantees.

is my edit of your e2m1 in there by any chance?

Old Post Aug 6 2011 21:17 #
Hellbent is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kracov
Mini-Member

I created an intro screen for dtwid, but apparently Hellbent doesn't think it conveys the feelings of classic Doom. The image on the right is the size and palette it's supposed to be, and without the text just to see what it looks like.

http://i.imgur.com/iLilz.jpg

Old Post Aug 7 2011 00:13 #
Kracov is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Matt534Dog

Eh, it looks like a titlepic for a more horror type wad. It looks really cool, but it doesn't fit in my opinion. I would've like the original Doom title pic with "The Way id Did" under the title, or something similar.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 00:22 #
Matt534Dog is offline Youtube Twitch || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
magicsofa

I like it, has a classic arcade-y feel to it.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 01:09 #
magicsofa is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Marcaek

Hellbent said:
is my edit of your e2m1 in there by any chance?

It is. I was going to take the latest version I made and insert your better additions myself but it'll have to wait until I get some more computer time.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 02:32 #
Marcaek is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

Please stop posting your DTWID maps here and use http://dtwid.herokuapp.com/submissions instead.

It's so much easier to manage them (and the project) when they're in one place.

Last edited by ellmo on Aug 7 2011 at 03:12

Old Post Aug 7 2011 02:42 #
ellmo is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Matt534Dog

Could you please take down my E1M7? It's just an unfinished version of my E1M5. There's no use in having duplicates anyway.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 04:13 #
Matt534Dog is offline Youtube Twitch || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

Matt534Dog said:
Could you please take down my E1M7? It's just an unfinished version of my E1M5. There's no use in having duplicates anyway.

Sure. Done.

I've assigned all of your submission to your account, you should be able to edit them yourself now ;)

Old Post Aug 7 2011 12:05 #
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

Kracov said:
I created an intro screen for dtwid, but apparently Hellbent doesn't think it conveys the feelings of classic Doom. The image on the right is the size and palette it's supposed to be, and without the text just to see what it looks like.

<snip>

I'd replace the red Doom logo with the classic regular Doom logo.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 17:50 #
Marnetmar is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Kracov said:
I created an intro screen for dtwid, but apparently Hellbent doesn't think it conveys the feelings of classic Doom.

Pitch-black imps with glowing red eyes, bright green fog drifting over the nukage reservoir -- it looks like a screenshot of a test room for some "GZDoom enhancements mod" with terrain-generated effects and brightmaps and stuff.

If it were drawn, Punchatz style, that scene wouldn't be a problem. But here it's obviously a screenshot -- the nukage floor, the walls, the imp sprites all show this has been rendered, not drawn -- and it just cannot be a screenshot of vanilla Doom. It's either using some funky mod for advanced source ports or Photoshop retouching; neither of which are "the way id did".

Old Post Aug 7 2011 18:40 #
Gez is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pcorf

Maybe I could put together a second megawad featuring maps that didn't make it into the final wad. 3 or 4 episodes.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 19:24 #
pcorf is offline Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Glaice
Let me tell you how I don't like Brutal Doom anymore

@pcorf: DTWID: Missing Scenes?

Old Post Aug 7 2011 19:32 #
Glaice is offline Twitter account Tumblr Youtube Github || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kracov
Mini-Member

I've created more titlepics for all to judge. Yeah a lot of them aren't "the way id did" but it's not like i can paint or create clay sculptures.

The severed head is Hellbent's
http://i.imgur.com/ygmvD.png

Old Post Aug 7 2011 20:17 #
Kracov is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

Wow, these are cool title pictures! I love mostly the cyber-demons'. First 4 are not good for a DTWD title picture.

@Pcorf: Don't make it yet, cuz the new alpha will get new maps. And you may put maps that are actually in the new alpha.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 20:30 #
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

You stole my title screen ya thief! *cries*

I love the fifth one though.

Last edited by Marnetmar on Aug 7 2011 at 20:47

Old Post Aug 7 2011 20:40 #
Marnetmar is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

Marnetmar said:
You stole my title screen ya thief! *cries*

I love the fifth one though.

ellmo stole yours at his site.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 20:49 #
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

C30N9 said:
ellmo stole yours at his site.

Huh? I don't see it anywhere. Mine is the "Hellbent's about to make you his bitch" one.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 20:51 #
C30N9

Marnetmar said:
Huh? I don't see it anywhere. Mine is the "Hellbent's about to make you his bitch" one.

Yes I know.

Oh wait, just saw it and it wasn't there. How? I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere else... :S

Old Post Aug 7 2011 20:52 #
ellmo
Custom Title

C30N9 said:
Yes I know.

Oh wait, just saw it and it wasn't there. How? I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere else... :S

Changed it, I needed something with alpha background.

The middle row is soooo good! Wow, I mean, wow.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 21:07 #
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Of those my fav would be second column, second row: the red and black cyberdemon head is the only original art here (rather than montage of pre-existing stuff; though I'm not sure about the eyes on the third row). Unless it was stolen from another mod or grabbed from some random kid's DeviantArt page, it should be the one used, IMO.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 21:27 #
Gez is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Gez said:
Of those my fav would be second column, second row: the red and black cyberdemon head is the only original art here (rather than montage of pre-existing stuff; though I'm not sure about the eyes on the third row). Unless it was stolen from another mod or grabbed from some random kid's DeviantArt page, it should be the one used, IMO.

that's my fave, too Gez. Apparently it's zoomed in of the cyb head on the far left (also "original", even if it's hand made from the ingame cyb).

Old Post Aug 7 2011 21:32 #
Hellbent is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

Perhaps the one with Hellbent's head could replace the current ending screen.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 21:35 #
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Marnetmar said:
Perhaps the one with Hellbent's head could replace the current ending screen.

might be a little too tongue in cheek for a project that takes itself pretty seriously as trying to do something that feels authentic. But I appreciate the... thought? heh

Old Post Aug 7 2011 21:40 #
Glaice
Let me tell you how I don't like Brutal Doom anymore

I like the fifth and seventh title screens submissions, and I'd second the severed Hellbent head for the end of game screen.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 21:48 #
Glaice is offline Twitter account Tumblr Youtube Github || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

In order from left to right:

1. Too busy. Logo too dark.
2. Logo too dark.
3. Great.
4. Too monochrome.
5. Eh.
6. Too monochrome.
7. Ok.
8. Ok.
9. mite b cool
10. Works better as an ad.
11. Great.
12. Great. Looks goofy, but works in favor.
13. Better as an end screen.
14. DooM title too out of focus.

Old Post Aug 7 2011 23:01 #
Mr. Freeze is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Processingcontrol

I really like 5, but it'd probably have to be changed to look less like a cartoon

Old Post Aug 8 2011 04:53 #
Processingcontrol is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

A new title screen is being worked on.

Old Post Aug 8 2011 04:55 #
Death Egg

That 7th one is awesome.

Old Post Aug 8 2011 05:05 #
Death Egg is offline Twitter account || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote