Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!
Come one, come all to another installment of "Doomworld forum members make songs, everyone criticizes" contest! I'm going to break the theme of previous contests and make my own which you will all hopefully enjoy! So GTFO chiptunes, we're making oldschool 80's style MODs!
DOWNLOAD SAMPLES HERE - Load as 8-bit, signed, mono in Modplug Tracker. Fasttracker 2 users need not apply!
- Songs must be saved as the .mod format
- Songs must not exceed 100 patterns in length
- Songs must only use four channels, with the following stereo panning levels:
Channel 1 - 64
Channel 2 - 192
Channel 3 - 192
Channel 4 - 64
- You can only use notes that range from (going by Modplug Tracker notes, which are obviously different between other trackers) C-4 to B-6
- You can only use up to 31 instruments
- Covers/remixes are allowed, but don't think about ripping MIDIs or you're disqualified (and I'll hunt the MIDIs down too)
Wait a second, 31 instruments? That's right, you will be given a much wider choice in instruments than previous compos! Not 10, not 20, not 40, but you have 212 instruments to select from! Aren't I such a nice and generous guy?
You can choose any genre you want. You can even make a damn chiptune if you're smart enough. I don't care, just follow the rules and you'll be fine.
You will have until Tuesday 19th September to create your song. After that, the public can vote for their favourites as follows:
+3 - deathz0r
+2 - Tom_D
+1 - AgentSpork
-1 - Ralphis
Take note that giving a negative vote is completely optional, so don't stress about having to be a nasty evil overlord or what say you.
Also, as an added bonus, if you are able to get your MOD to play correctly on Protracker 1.0c (which I will test), you will get a bonus 10 points! If you want to see an example of a compatible MOD, download my half-assed Megaman 2 - Metalman cover and bask in its oldschool glory, or try the extended Club Mix!
Due to the spam I get in my email, I will ask everyone to preferrably send me their votes and submissions via forum PM or IRC if I'm online. If you absolutely must send your submission by email, send it to deathz0r -=at=- unidoom dot org. I will not accept any votes by email, as I'll probably miss them.
Last edited by deathz0r on Sep 11 2006 at 22:48