Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why does Cajun Bot for Doom Legacy restart my comp when i play it for...oh 30 minute?

I downloaded Cajun Bot before and it keeps crashing my comp..Whats with dat? Also, i got Zdoom Cajun...since it was better. But after a while, i deleted it and reinstalled it since Zdoom got a bit screwy. but now it says "Missing PTC.dll"....can sumone help me on dis????

it says "Missing PTC.dll"....can sumone help me on dis????

You need the file PTC.DLL that comes with ZDoom. I don't know whether the 1.23 beta .zip have it, but 1.22 does.

I downloaded Cajun Bot before and it keeps crashing my comp..

I'm not really sure, actually. Unless you're trying to play a level with non-vanilla Doom features (ZDoom level, Boom features, Edge features, etc.) - it should run on any comp that runs Doom (Although maybe a little painfully slow on a 486 ;)

Also, i got Zdoom Cajun...since it was better.

Is it? Well, the actual ZDoom part of it is, but for some reason, the bots don't seem to play as well as the legacy cajun. I have no idea why, it could be something to do with the fact that ZDoom alledgedly converts all levels into it's native Hexen-based format.

However, Why don't you check out Skulltag?

I found this to have the best straight deathmatch AI for the bots, it's based around the ZDoom engine, and has that lovely railgun.

I hope I helped.