Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
J-selva

doomsday jhexen

I'm having problems with the Hexen add-on called Deathkings of the Dark Citadel. Every now and then in a level, Doomsday suddenly crashes and shows some segmentation violation. And this comes up ALL the time. I don't know what could be causing it. It happens randomly.

Might anyone know?

Which version of Doomsday are you using, what's your system config/specs, what addons are you using etc.. ?

I can't really tell which one currently, but its the latest one on the Doomsday site and I'm using Snowberry 1.1. I have these addons:

XccpV11.pk3
XccpV11.ded
HexDD.zip
DKPatch (which is this audio fix)
Hexen11rp (upgrade of Hexen 1.0 to 1.1)

By system config, what do you mean?

My specs are: winxp sp2 media center edition
I have a ATI Radeon Express 200 series
Pentium D, 1 gig RAM and 200 gig hardrive.

What else?

Ok, it sounds like you are running 1.9.0-beta5.1? Thanks for the info.

Is there any perceivable pattern to the crashes you are experiencing? I know you said it "happens randomly" but what are you doing at the time it happens?

First thing to try would be to disable all your addons and play "basic" Deathkings and see if you still have the same problem. If not, systematically re-enable your addons to determine which one is causing it.

Ok, thanks.

It's hard to describe exactly how it happens. Sometimes, it happens in just a few minutes of exploring the level, other times, it happens as soon as I enter the level. Other times, nothing happens until I enter another level.

Hang on a sec, what are these?
HexDD.zip
DKPatch (which is this audio fix)
Hexen11rp (upgrade of Hexen 1.0 to 1.1)

Hexen nor Deathkings come in a zip. Therefore I can only conclude you are running a warezd version. As such, you will get no further support from me.

First of all, no they're not wares stuff. Don't create such a commotion by jumping to conclusions like that. What is wrong with you? The DKPatch came from this site: Doomworld.com

Hexenrp.zip which upgrades it from 1.0 to 1.1 is a patch I also found online.

HexDD.zip contains the deathkings wadfile, but I zipped the wad up so I can install it on the addons section. Otherwise, it doesn't appear and not selectable.

Finally, Hexen IS NOT IN A ZIP. I never said Hexen was in a zip and there's no implication that it is in a zip. None of my files have hexen.wad or hexen.zip in it. If you don't want to support me, that's fine. But you sure as hell made a very bad conclusion.

I don't think I've caused any commotion but you must surely understand why I would reach such a conclusion, given that Doomsday seems to attract a lot of users who have warezed versions. Perhaps I've been too hasty to tar you with that brush, for that I apologize.

Ok, those files you listed, are you loading them into Doomsday as addons? If so, it is quite possible that an incorrect WAD version is being used in the wrong game.

Also, with Deathkings the way you are loading it is incorrect. In Snowberry there is a special profile for Deathkings which will ask you for the location of hexdd.wad