Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Zdoom Demoes

Since Zdoom/skulltag can't run the default demoes that came with Doom, are there any good demoes I can use with Zdoom/skulltag? Preferably single player ones on the IWADs. Did anyone ever try to recreate the same demoes of events that happened in the default ones? (acting and going to the same areas, fighting the same monsters as accurately as was done in the demoes?)

Why not?
tomato -> tomatoes
hero -> heroes
cello -> cellos
demo -> demos
You have to look it up if it's not your language and you didn't see the plural form somewhere.

Anyway GGGmork does make demo's in version 2.1.7 of zdoom. Like this one. You need hell revealed.
I'm unaware if someone ever tried to recreate the original doom demoes in zdoom. But if someone did then you probably need the zdoom version he used while creating the demos.

JohnnyRancid said:

Ugh... kick me while im still down.

Fine
Why would you want this anyway I mean seriously, Doom is for playing not for watching.

TimeOfDeath said:

Can't it be for both? It sure is fun to play, but I also very much enjoy watching all the demos players post. :)

I have nothing against speedruns, but what Johnny here is asking for is just kind of pointless.

especially that zdoom is losing demo compatiblity from version to version, which makes playing back old demos a hassle.

in other words, avoid zdoom for demos unless you got no choice :D

PrBoom is the demo-yielding god that owns all. It keeps to a standard of demo compatibility.

ZDoom demos are worthless unless it's for coop.

Asking for a resource of demos people made is pointless? Well it's mainly for skulltag, I'm getting sick of the credits sequence. I often like to test new controls, change skins, color, gameplay options, and I would kinda like some action in the background. I just played some of Xbox 360 arcade Doom, and even that had demos in it. I kinda miss them. I'm just surprised this isn't popular. Can you record demos internally from zdoom/skulltag?

use the -record parameter ex: sourceport -iwad doom2.wad -file bla.wad -record file.lmp
I don't know if you can do it internally.