Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do Odamex and Zandronum read MBF?

Do the two most popular multiplayer ports, Odamex and Zandronum, recognize MBF Dehacked and thing flags? I'm asking because the most popular single-player ones, ZDoom, PrBoom+ and Eternity read them fine (or strive to).

But I cannot solidly suggest to a community project to allow me to implement MBF stuff in my level (save for sky-transfer) if Zandronum or Odamex won't support them.

ZDoom's support for MBF dehacked stuff comes from 2.4.0. (It was introduced in the r1800+.) Skulltag arrested its development at r1551, some times after r2.3.1. Zandronum has yet to make any real attempt at playing catch-up.

printz said:

Do the two most popular multiplayer ports...

Lol, I'd love to know where your statistical data comes from.

Cybershark said:

Lol, I'd love to know where your statistical data comes from.

Off the top of my head, and it was before I actually tried them. Sorry if I offended, heh; now I stand corrected.

Well contrarily to ZDaemon and Skulltag, they don't provoke a lot of drama queening every time there's a news thread about them.

Is Eternity going to have multiplayer similar to ZDaemon/Zandronum/Odamex/Skulltag/CSDoom? Because if so, it will be a good alternative that will also support MBF.

That depends only on whether/when Ladna finishes the job.