Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Unregistered account

What happened to Doom-Touch?

Guest Unregistered account

NOTE: Sorry if this is in the wrong section, irrelevant or just me being stupid. But I didn't know where it would go as Doom-Touch is a phone port.

So, yeah! Where'd it go? All the other
___-Touches are there, but Doom-Touch just disappeared from my phone and it's not on the Play Store!
Maybe it's just me, but... it's weird.

I've verified that the complaint regarding Strife did not come from NDS, so at this point I'd suggest that someone has deliberately filed false DMCA claims against the Beloko Games account just to have it taken down. Something I will note is a federal crime.

Quasar said:

I've verified that the complaint regarding Strife did not come from NDS, so at this point I'd suggest that someone has deliberately filed false DMCA claims against the Beloko Games account just to have it taken down. Something I will note is a federal crime.

So I pretty much use D-touch and ECwolf daily at work... so this puts a general halt on my productivity as now I must use my company provided laptop/workstation to DOOM on.

Is there a way to figure out who filed such a fraudulent claim?

The reason his account was removed might have been because he posted a port of SDLash3D, which may or may not be illegal.

Hi guys,
Actually there was no issue with D-Touch, the reason it's missing is because the whole Google Play account was removed.

This was because Google did not like the icons of Strife, JK2 and JK3. Note there was NO complaint from anyone external, Google is just being extremely paranoid. Also if they had warned me they did not icons that would have been fine, I would have changed them immediately.

There have been many other instances of this occurring, so much that petitions have been setup:

https://www.change.org/p/google-inc-provide-android-developers-with-one-on-one-communication-to-help-identify-and-resolve-policy-violations-prior-to-automated-and-irreversible-suspensions

and

https://www.change.org/p/sergey-brin-respect-the-efforts-of-small-and-indie-android-developers

beloko said:

Hi guys,
Actually there was no issue with D-Touch, the reason it's missing is because the whole Google Play account was removed.

This was because Google did not like the icons of Strife, JK2 and JK3. Note there was NO complaint from anyone external, Google is just being extremely paranoid. Also if they had warned me they did not icons that would have been fine, I would have changed them immediately.

There have been many other instances of this occurring, so much that petitions have been setup:

https://www.change.org/p/google-inc-provide-android-developers-with-one-on-one-communication-to-help-identify-and-resolve-policy-violations-prior-to-automated-and-irreversible-suspensions

and

https://www.change.org/p/sergey-brin-respect-the-efforts-of-small-and-indie-android-developers

Is there any way to purchase these apps from you anymore? Perhaps through paypal if possible?

Well, at least the Google Store still seems to recognize whether you legitimately own it since I was able to extract it onto one device, install the apk onto another, and it didn't give me any problems since they're tied to the same account.

MetroidJunkie said:

Well, at least the Google Store still seems to recognize whether you legitimately own it since I was able to extract it onto one device, install the apk onto another, and it didn't give me any problems since they're tied to the same account.

If they took away stuff you bought, there'd be class action lawsuits, to say the least, not to mention the possibility of government regulators making very sour faces.

True, I'm just surprised it accepted it on the new device that I had to extract the apk off the original to get it on, which I assume is because it checked Google Play and Google Play can still verify itself for accounts even if the app's no longer there.

Hi,
OK now on Amazon, search for "D-touch", currently free.

Please leave a nice review on the Amazon store if you download it :)

I spent a while sorting out the project files, upgrading to Android Studio etc. Source code here (It's 3 projects, MobileTouchControls, TouchControls, OpenGames)

https://github.com/emileb

Enjoy!
Beloko

Oh cool. I have bought it and have it installed on my tablet, is there any point in installing this version?

VGA said:

Oh cool. I have bought it and have it installed on my tablet, is there any point in installing this version?

Yes, download now so you own it as this is the one I will keep up to date!

Oddly, I'm having trouble figuring out how to actually download it. It's "bought" on the website but I can't find it on the app. It said look in my apps, I don't even see a "my apps" on it.

MetroidJunkie said:

Oddly, I'm having trouble figuring out how to actually download it. It's "bought" on the website but I can't find it on the app. It said look in my apps, I don't even see a "my apps" on it.

Sometimes it takes a while for Amazon to update the app. What country are you? You tried searching for "D-Touch" in the amazon app?

MetroidJunkie said:

United States, I finally found it but now it says the app doesn't support digital downloads...

Not heard of that before, where does it say that, in the Amazon app?

Is it obligatory to keep the Amazon app installed after installing D-Touch?, also, is it possible to create a shortcut to launch an specific WAD/Port automatically?

AlektorophobiA said:

Is it obligatory to keep the Amazon app installed after installing D-Touch?, also, is it possible to create a shortcut to launch an specific WAD/Port automatically?

Possibly it needs the Amazon app, I know Amazon does something to app, I think it adds some statistic logging so it may need it.

No but I will add a widget system which will automatically load a wad/mod (When I get some time!)