Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Anyone here run (g)zdoom in 4k?

I'm guessing there's no benefit, unless hq4x does a better job of smoothing? What resolution are the various hd texture packs in? Maybe an effects-heavy mod like brutal could actually bring a modern computer to its knees?

invictius said:

I'm guessing there's no benefit, unless hq4x does a better job of smoothing? What resolution are the various hd texture packs in? Maybe an effects-heavy mod like brutal could actually bring a modern computer to its knees?

I think hq4x would be better in 4k but is unnecessary to have a 4k tv or monitor and brutal doom can bring any computer to it's knees.

MinerOfWorlds said:

and brutal doom can bring any computer to it's knees.

Only on slaughterfest/invasion maps. Probably.

invictius said:

You said any computer.

I didn't know that computers have gotten that good i still thought most computers couldn't run borderlands well so my bad.

invictius said:

I'm guessing there's no benefit, unless hq4x ...

GZDoom now has xBRZ which is doing a magnitudes better job at scaling than hq4x. Modern graphics hardware should be fast enough to run GZDoom at 4k, but if you'd try it with a mid-range graphics card it will simply lack the processing power to push that many pixels. And if you want scaled textures on mods like ZDCMP which really push the resource needs to the limit, 2GB of video RAM won't cut it anymore. I got an 1GB graphics card and it simply hangs the system because it runs out of memory.