Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alper002

Colon Three, a "Doom 2 hell"ish boom-compatible map (V3)

Screenshots:

Spoiler

doom07.png.908bf9a9cfaa4eaea91bb58f1edeaa7f.pngdoom08.png.cb29b5fd907e18965ea419dc389cc4a2.pngdoom09.png.8b0159cdb51a553140289d7380c50b09.pngdoom10.png.793fbb6cb8988081c8921989747c090f.pngdoom11.png.d424b746947bfbd015cbd545df0e4c9a.png

description:

A Boom-compatible hell map reminiscent of those found in Doom 2. Also contains a big, omnipotent, black cat I guess.
Best enjoyed when not trying to camp, but play however you wish!

Difficulties are supported, Jump and crouch are forbidden, and warp to MAP27 to actually play the map!

Download:

link(version 3)

Tested exclusively in PrBoom+.

Edited by Alper002

J6sJ4T7.png

I got to a switch that raised this bridge here, leading over to a MegaSphere, and now I seem to be stuck. It feels like I should have the red key by now, but I've circled all available areas and can't seem to find anything that lowers it. On a map as big as this, it's helpful to have some sort of indication as to what switches do, as I've pressed a couple now where it wasn't apparent what it actually did.

17 minutes ago, Degree23 said:

J6sJ4T7.png

I got to a switch that raised this bridge here, leading over to a MegaSphere, and now I seem to be stuck. It feels like I should have the red key by now, but I've circled all available areas and can't seem to find anything that lowers it. On a map as big as this, it's helpful to have some sort of indication as to what switches do, as I've pressed a couple now where it wasn't apparent what it actually did.

The switch raised a lift to said red key, just look out the cave the screenshot's at.

I think I made it decently clear, the lift raises mostly in view when you press it.

Your view when you press the switch is blocked by the grey wall you have there. I went back the way I came, I didn't jump down the gap you have there, so I didn't see it raising. I don't have a problem with that particular switch as such, just in general it's a little switch-hunty so far.

z3Kohdh.png

I made it up here a while ago. Am I supposed to be able to grab that? It's way too high.

7 minutes ago, Degree23 said:

Your view when you press the switch is blocked by the grey wall you have there.

z3Kohdh.png

I made it up here a while ago. Am I supposed to be able to grab that? It's way too high.

Weird, it should be able to be grabbed. Shows that I only tested in PRBoom+, cause it sure works there! Guess I'll know to place those things slightly lower next time I make a boom map and do something like this... >:/

I'll make an update at some point.

Hi, I liked the map, definitely best to run through most areas and deal with them later.

Small Issues:

Two of the secrets include higher up ledges I don't think you can reach, but they're marked as separate secrets.

I couldn't find how to lower the bars to the hospital after they raised, so I missed a secret in there I could see with iddt.

4 hours ago, Nutsy-Nutsy said:

Two of the secrets include higher up ledges I don't think you can reach, but they're marked as separate secrets.

Thanks for pointing that out! Those ledges are supposed to be inaccessible, so having them marked secret is definitely bad......

I've updated the map one more time, hope there's no more bugs like that.