Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Big Ol Billy

Forbidden Quake OST Liner Notes: The WAD [limit-removing]

Awesome!   Petty corporate douchieness will always be thwarted by stuff like this and well the whole Internet.

Fuck ZeniMax, long live Reznor, Carmack, McGee and Big Ol' Billy! I'd already read the liner notes in the leak I saw someone post to the forum a while back, but since the corporate asshats are now making efforts to remove that as well, we can thank Bill for this clever way to preserve Carmack and McGee's writing. Honestly, this is some bullshit at its absolute pettiest and while I can't find any info on the reasoning as to why the liner notes were removed, I'm willing to bet it's a load of bullshit of the highest caliber. Thank you for providing the community with a way to enjoy their musings and interesting tidbits over the production of Quake's soundtrack and including a fun map to play in, Bill. You're a legend.

Please excuse me buggering up the graphics with the gore mod I used lmao. It was great fun! 

Hehe nice playthrough! Yeah I should mention this uses a custom Quake-ish palette (also from Urthar’s BOOMQTEX), so it won’t always play nice with mods that replace or add graphics. Still an enjoyable watch XD

This is a really cool cultural artefact that doubles up as a nice Quake-themed Doom II map. I can see your narrative-building experience from the DBPs has paid off nicely in this one. It's crazy to think about the stuff they used to get up to - very much the rock star lifestyle it's described as. Of course, no good thing can last forever, so that era is consigned to history. Pretty sad, in a way.

Update!

DOWNLOAD RC 2 (Standard edition, for use in any limit-removing port)

DOWNLOAD RC 2-MOD (Mod-compatible edition for use with mods that may replace/add sprites)

Changes

• Minor text formatting edits
  • Removed unnecessary resources for smaller file size
  • RC 2-MOD edition now available with truecolor PNG graphics and no custom palette, which should be compatible with mods that replace or add paletted sprites (such as Beautiful Doom or Nash's Gore Mod). Thanks to @Biodegradable for giving me the idea with his test video.
  • Yes, that means you can play it with Brutal Doom ;)

Also I should give a proper hat-tip to @JPL, whose tweets about the situation lit the spark that got this going:

Spoiler