Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
romsu89

V 1.0 (UVOLNIT)

My megalomaniac project completed after two years! I'm glad it's over and I'm already working on new things. of course, based on the response, I will respond and adjust to your wishes :-)

Tested in : GZdoom LZdoom Zandronum

stock doom2 textures

3 big maps

more details

build in GZdoom doom2 (doom format)

use editor: Wadauthor Doombuilder2 GZdoombuilder Slade

Tester: Leebigh -  Leebigh´s Doom Blog  (http://doom.starehry.eu/?fbclid=IwAR2SD2VCA915xVVM8jzzDYjckzrqypZP3fhZIuMKmDbUagMnoY4adXCPBVM)

https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/archi-tek-v100-releasekouknem.png.f6e638925df3cdc9b91619dd00749d26.png

This is lovely, lovely work, worth a thorough look as Demon of the Well says, above. I did a runthrough with live commentary for you below, discussing the map flow, aesthetics, all that's great about your map01. 

THNX for playing man :-) how use music in here? is Battery park from deus ex (2000) !

Here are some more pictures that relate to changes because I previously posted an unfinished version. The changes are mainly made by map03 return to the architect.

- new location + last fight

- fix navigarion

- my gameplay time in thirt map is over 2hours

- huge secret places, secret = FIGHT AND PENALTY :-D

Zandronum Screenshot 2021.03.21 - 22.23.20.08.png

Zandronum Screenshot 2021.03.24 - 11.10.03.18.png

That looks so dope! Do you want videos of playthroughs of the other levels or did you get what you need for playtesting purposes from the first level vid? 

I hope more people play this!!

On 24. 3. 2021 at 11:49, Helm said:

To vypadá tak drogy! Chcete videa o hrách na jiných úrovních nebo jste od první úrovně vid dostali to, co potřebujete pro účely testování? 

Doufám, že to bude hrát více lidí !!

Yes, I like to see how people play it :-) throw it here man ! I'm throwing a screenshot right here and the fiber is live :-D 878073606_DesktopScreenshot2019_04.02-13_27_27_04.png.fee24d88db39651c975fd7de5f9a731e.png422156520_DesktopScreenshot2020_07.19-20_36_26_87.png.7a2b8304c24148785edfb6a6ac4b6ace.png

I wasn't so hot with the first two maps, getting stuck sometimes in them.

But man, map 03, that was worth it. It was a very good map since the start, but the end elevated it.

1 hour ago, Turin Turambar said:

S prvními dvěma mapami mi nebylo tak žhavé, občas jsem se v nich zasekl.

Ale člověče, mapa 03, to stálo za to. Od začátku to byla velmi dobrá mapa, ale konec ji povýšil.

glad to hear the praise on map03 I used to get feedback for a confusing progression !!  THNX man :-)

@romsu89 Hey, I just completed Map 01 of your wad, Archi-Tek. Great level, man! Huge map, and everything is so intricately detailed, with minimal copy/paste. Great use of coloring/contrast, light/darkness, and framing certain things. Some of the standout moments were that dark room that uses moving textures to create the effect of green lasers going everywhere, and near the end where you have the hellish gore and fire burning bright against the dark nukage in the foreground. Really great imagery.

Overall, a map that was definitely very easy on the eyes! Gameplay-wise, just when I was starting to think the monster closets and "pick up X, cue ambush" were starting to get a bit predictable, you pulled the rug from under my feet, literally, with one of those Doom II Map 05 traps where the floor falls down into a trap. That one caught me off guard. I really like the non-linear feel of the level design too. You even managed to stump me at one point on how to progress through the level. Managed to get 50% secrets and 96% kills first time through on HMP difficulty. Took me about an hour to beat.

Music was decent, a bit stock video game-sounding music but it works well at setting the tone and feeling. However, it doesn't quite loop properly. The track ends, it's silent for a second or two, then repeats.

I even think I learned a life lesson or two from this map. Lesson One: There isn't a problem in this world that can't be solved with the blast of a Super Shotgun. Always trust the Super Shotgun. Lesson Two: Nobody like Chaingunners, seriously f those guys. Hell Knights don't like 'em. Imps don't like 'em. Heck, even Chaingunners don't like chaingunners. (True story, saw those demon in-fighting moments happen) On a serious note, I like that you have moments where a few individual enemies are off on their own in the dark distance, possibly on a high ledge. They're actually more deadly that way than when in hordes packed together. I don't usually use rockets on lone wolf chaingunners, but you made me rethink the usual weapon usage a bit, good enemy design.

Looking forward to the rest of the wad!

On 9/4/2021 at 10:29 PM, QuaketallicA said:

ohhh thnx man !!!First level is warm up :-D the other two are bigger and better !!!!!!! if you enjoy it thank you for playing :-)