Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MidnightMage

Angry Quilt (One Limit Removing, Community Map) Now on Idgames!

Oh wow, I’d like to get in on this. How does slot claiming work exactly? Which is to say, how do you know two people aren’t working in it at once? Just curious - I’m keen to throw my hat in!

very fun ideer, I would like to be part of this if I may

Really unique project. I'll take square 14 (when the others are finished)

Maybe it's a good idea to have each editors tags start with their room number? So room 12 will have tag 1201, 1202, etc

I'll take spot 12!

35 minutes ago, MidnightMage said:

Just say which spot you would like to work on

For the sake of simplicity, please wait until Doomkid has completed edits to the map, then CBM, then VisionThing. etc.

Spot 15 if possible

I  May need you to Tell me when I can begin since it seems the order has been messed up

1 minute ago, MidnightMage said:

Ok no problem. I will be away until later today but if the que stops and it's your turn I'll let you know.

thanks, I will begin work on my spot and then I can always paste it in to the latest version whenever it becomes my turn.

I think a 32 level megawad where each level is done like this would be very interesting

ready to put stuff in my square when the map is available

Edited by CBM

@MidnightMage

It think it's better if all monsters are set to ambush (except teleporting ones). There is currently already some bleeding to other rooms, and most people haven't closed their rooms of with doors. 

Also, we can put all 3 keys somewhere on the map, then have one of the rooms have all 3 locked doors so you have to find the three keys to exit.

I can make the final room if you want, but I've already made one room, so I'd like to give other people a chance.

Edited by Pistoolkip

Since nobody seems to be working on one, I put mine in. It's a vicious little room, with a lot of verticality. 
Also, I used to red key, with a locked door to room #16. I hope nobody minds. But if someone wants to add a red door to theirs, they can.

@CBM you can put yours in. And pass on the love to the next person!

Here's some bonus screenshots for mine:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210714_161928.png.6aa4ce5a9489da3379aa8aecc0acdb67.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210714_160646.png.d7e0ddcc4e52a633309b218111bfa0bb.png

AngryQuilt_v6.zip

Edited by Pistoolkip

Just a heads up that by the time it gets to my turn, I may (probably) be sleeping or be at school. So apologies if I hold up the project.

I was gonna start on my segment this evening, however if somebody else is ahead of me I'm happy to wait.

Are we aiming for a ramp-up room by room or is it anything goes? As I'm slot #1 I imagine I'll do a fairly standard room, perhaps with a sneaky trap or two thrown in...I'll do my best to make it interesting anyway! 

21 minutes ago, Worriedidiot said:

I think somebody was a little too eager and skipped over @Doomkid

Doomkid asked a question, but didn't say he wanted to build and wasn't assigned a room.

That said, I didn't mean to skip anyone. But there seemed to be some confusion who's turn it was so I took some initiative to keep the queue moving.

Keep in mind you can start working on your room and copy-paste it in later

Edited by Pistoolkip

I would like square no. 3 if it is still available.

Question: How will progression be policed including also an exit? 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tosrfzq0438xyrs/AngryQuilt_v8.wad?dl=0

Done with my section. I just couldn't figure out how to get the last bit of the staircase to rise properly, if somebody with more knowledge than me could fix that it'd be great. I left the other exit alone but textured it like a platform, thinking it could later be lowered with a key, but I didn't wanna do something to affect progression before the adjacent room has been worked on!

6 minutes ago, VisionThing said:

Done with my section. I just couldn't figure out how to get the last bit of the staircase to rise properly, if somebody with more knowledge than me could fix that it'd be great. I left the other exit alone but textured it like a platform, thinking it could later be lowered with a key, but I didn't wanna do something to affect progression before the adjacent room has been worked on!

Fixed: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mz6cw49m08sweaj/AngryQuilt_v8.1.wad/file

Solution: Only the first sector (step) needs the activating tag also the linedef where the steps were to stop rising was not flipped.

8 minutes ago, VisionThing said:

8v fix.jpg

Awesome thank you! That's something I had not attempted in the editor before.