Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Worriedidiot

SUPERDREAM- 5 Speedmaps With No Chill

SUPERDREAM is a wad I made consisting of 5 speedmaps that are very difficult and abstract.

Here's some more information about it.

• It's made for Boom, but GzDoom is recommended
  • Jumping and crouching isn't allowed
  • Mouselook is optional, but not recommended

All midis are from Chrono Trigger SNES, and all used custom textures are from cc4-tex

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210720_141451.png.69dfb99278aea856049a278a68e57419.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210720_141550.png.a9f7833fbdb60fadda0ba3f38d41f95e.png

SUPERDREAM.rar

Edited by Worriedidiot : Made MAP02 actually beatable :(

SUPERDREAM

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum || Default

Deaths → ??? (It was quite a few...)

Saves → ??? (I don't remember...)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uFqlg_5REwRo6HsZMD3BfCu9rNo0QeHy/view?usp=sharing

First of all, I will say that yes, indeed the Wad is very difficult, and no, in terms of enemies it is not so much the problem, but the way in which this Wad is raised, there are really things here that are not fun in what Absolute, and in addition to that, the way the platforms are built, they are terrible, they suck, and personally, they were the worst part of this set of maps, constantly abusing Trial and Error that turns out to be damn tedious because of how stupidly elaborate the platforms are here... and another thing to note, is the very low (not to say entirely meager) supply of Medikits on some maps, this is what also ruins the Wad, since at I don't give a damn about the set of enemies there are, if there is a good dose of medikits there to grab later or some spheres too, like what happened in the last map, but before that, there is almost nothing, literal like 2 or 3 and then the Marine is completely fucked... In the visual aspect I have no complaints, the places look good, they look great, as in combat, it is not a big thing to have to pass each of the fights, except for map 03 That map can go completely to hell, now the others are acceptable and tolerable as far as combat is concerned.

The bottom line here is that the way some maps run is extremely awful like Map 02 and 03, and the lack of Medikits really leaves a lot to be desired from this Wad, therefore I don't consider your maps as mediocre, but neither I enjoyed them broadly, so they stay in that they are regular and voila, beyond that I have nothing to comment, I hope your way of making maps is better, colleague.

7 minutes ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

SUPERDREAM

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum || Default

Deaths → ??? (It was quite a few...)

Saves → ??? (I don't remember...)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uFqlg_5REwRo6HsZMD3BfCu9rNo0QeHy/view?usp=sharing

First of all, I will say that yes, indeed the Wad is very difficult, and no, in terms of enemies it is not so much the problem, but the way in which this Wad is raised, there are really things here that are not fun in what Absolute, and in addition to that, the way the platforms are built, they are terrible, they suck, and personally, they were the worst part of this set of maps, constantly abusing Trial and Error that turns out to be damn tedious because of how stupidly elaborate the platforms are here... and another thing to note, is the very low (not to say entirely meager) supply of Medikits on some maps, this is what also ruins the Wad, since at I don't give a damn about the set of enemies there are, if there is a good dose of medikits there to grab later or some spheres too, like what happened in the last map, but before that, there is almost nothing, literal like 2 or 3 and then the Marine is completely fucked... In the visual aspect I have no complaints, the places look good, they look great, as in combat, it is not a big thing to have to pass each of the fights, except for map 03 That map can go completely to hell, now the others are acceptable and tolerable as far as combat is concerned.

The bottom line here is that the way some maps run is extremely awful like Map 02 and 03, and the lack of Medikits really leaves a lot to be desired from this Wad, therefore I don't consider your maps as mediocre, but neither I enjoyed them broadly, so they stay in that they are regular and voila, beyond that I have nothing to comment, I hope your way of making maps is better, colleague.

Thank you for your detailed feedback!

Every map except MAP01 and MAP05 were sort of joke maps in the sense, that they weren't really serious.

MAP02 ends early on lower difficulties, so you don't have to suffer as much.

The medkit thing was intentional, but it was a bad idea looking back now.

This idea of this wad was to counteract my burnout by making abstract and weird stuff, even if it was unenjoyable garbage, but I still hope you got at least a bit of enjoyment out of it. I'm sorry for making you suffer thru my shitty wad...

@Worriedidiot Ahh, I understand, well in that case, I thank you for explaining to me what your Wad colleague consisted of, it really helps things to improve around here with me, at least your honesty is appreciated, in that I do agree.

3 hours ago, Worriedidiot said:

but I still hope you got at least a bit of enjoyment out of it. I'm sorry for making you suffer thru my shitty wad...

Don't worry, if I have managed to enjoy some things, like insulting you entirely in the video made me feel better in some way, although you're right, this was a reverend shit haha