Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Big Ol Billy

DBK02: The DBK Holiday Special

I was wondering if one of these was going to get released. Going to have to give this a play-through. Cheers my dude.

Having so much fun with this one, some doomcute expertise right here. The secret toys are a great feature.

Love the monster selection, some cool old folks like the arachnorbs and a few others that Ive never seen before.

Thanks for the x-mas present folks! DBK 4 LYFE

So, im at the credits map, but looks like something hidden in there, is there a secret way to access map 13 or should I just IDCLEV?

Do I need to bring all the toys to the caco-baby? Really curious about it.

Thats what I got at the end:

Spoiler

cmHUyM1.jpg

5 hours ago, Soulless said:

So, im at the credits map, but looks like something hidden in there, is there a secret way to access map 13 or should I just IDCLEV?

Do I need to bring all the toys to the caco-baby? Really curious about it.

Thats what I got at the end:

Reveal hidden contents

cmHUyM1.jpg

Yes, all 10 Kringles are requires to access the secret level. There is a counter that keeps track of how many you have picked up and its checked when you reach the final map. This also determines what ending you get.

Just dropping by again to say the mapset was great. I played through all DBP Christmas wads up to last year before Christmas and it was a great, joyous and fun-filled experience. I'm looking forward to doing it again next year. 

CDnM4F4.png

Who says Christmas comes just once a year? Not the DBK! Shove this big ol' RC3 in your stocking and get ready for bug fixes, thoroughly tested difficulty settings, and visual improvements galore. But that's not all! We've got a brand-new boss map and a secret bonus map to round out the experience! This one's heading to idgames soon (it's about time, right?) barring any major bug discoveries.

>>DOWNLOAD RC3<<

Major changes

• New boss map (MAP12) and a secret bonus map (MAP15), along with some more secrets to uncover on the credits map
  • Difficulty settings are fully implemented and tested
  • Numerous visual improvements, including some handy in-game visual indicators for the DBK dolls you can collect
  • Countless bug fixes, map and resource tweaks, and polish added to the overall experience

Screenshots

Spoiler

KOnPuu5.png

bvotLyU.pngfSupGkA.pngLNJ7fX8.pngSCMftT5.png

We're idgames bound with this one, folks!

>>>DOWNLOAD FINAL VERSION<<<

Changes:

Spoiler
  • A few minor balance tweaks, I think?
  • Updated hostage pickup sound
  • More festive status bar background
  • Minor narrative pacing tweak on MAP01
  • Tweaked Cyberneezer Scrooge's "bad vibes" attack

Edited by Big Ol Billy

I died laughing at the ending of Map 2, and thus the start of Map 3. Good job guys.