Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

Never Skip Leg Day!! Now on idgames!

PS to anyone playing my maps - always download right before playing because

@MAN_WITH_GUN tested and beat my map saveless - what a champ! Made some modifications if you already downloaded it

@Peccatum Mihzamiz thanks buddy hope it is :)

Played it, here's a blind hmp demo. 

nsldfda.rar

Love me some extreme verticality in doom maps, there's been a couple good ones this year, add this one to that list. I like when mappers throw viles at the player in amongst fodder monsters before getting your hands on a ssg or higher numbered weapon, livens things up. Some good rl spam after opening up the RK bars and the end. Officially got 5 of 7 secrets, technically got 6 of 7 heh.

Spoiler

I assume you drop down from the wall to ending area to get the mega, but you can grab it from the backpack secret. You might be able to get on the platform with the right angle.

That was good fun. Found every secret except for the mega. I wondered whether I'm supposed to sr50 jump around the corner from the backpack but I don't think you'd make people do that. Took me 15 minutes in game with a bunch of saves. 

The final stair ascend like a buildup to something crazy. And was it! Kinda expected to be more harassed on those stairs. 

At least six drumsticks with of fun

8 hours ago, TeK (⌐■_■) said:

Played it, here's a blind hmp demo. 

nsldfda.rar

Love me some extreme verticality in doom maps, there's been a couple good ones this year, add this one to that list. I like when mappers throw viles at the player in amongst fodder monsters before getting your hands on a ssg or higher numbered weapon, livens things up. Some good rl spam after opening up the RK bars and the end. Officially got 5 of 7 secrets, technically got 6 of 7 heh.

Hide contents

I assume you drop down from the wall to ending area to get the mega, but you can grab it from the backpack secret. You might be able to get on the platform with the right angle.

Great job buddy especially blind

I had fun with the stairs / vertical stuff - glad ya liked it haha - the archies are actually weakened by the barrels but still a threat I think

I made some changes based on your vid

- raised the mega - that was me being dumb

- fixed the wall texture on the wall thats flickering as you go up the stairs past red bars

- moved the exit switch blockers so there is no room for gliding

Thanks a lot - to preserve your demo it can be watched with this old version here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yofJ00qaV0rSO0zHte7o53jc1vqpqlWj/view?usp=sharing

@b00mb0dy Candy Ass motorcycle ppl amirite? haha great video - kudos on finding all secrets - great run - I def put too much armour in this map and was ultimately maybe overall nicer than I usually am turns out - still hope ya had fun - running over the switch was perfect haha - luring cacos to basement is my move too - fun - ya figured out all my tricks

@Astro X hi there - play if you are interested - too many maps to keep up with!

@Dusty_Rhodes thanks bud - haven't seen any major complaints so far

@HrnekBezucha thanks for playing - the mega placement was a goof and has been raised. The stairs were fun to design - I had this idea in my head for a bit now - turned out more less like I hoped

Tested in UV and cursed a lot less than expected x)

After the first achviles, it's all downhill, I have to say though that you've gone quite easy with the secrets here, especially for the bfg and megasphere one (I was already swearing to god thinking of me trying to get that goody with a "jump").

I know it's called "Never skip leg day", but I would consider the idea to unlock a teleporter that leads you from the bottom to the "DIE" area (please D:).

Possible bugs:

• the half-open door with a blur sphere behind can be opened just by pressing it from the "front" side, while I thought it would have been accessible only after the plasma secret  (it has more sense this way).
  • The platform in which resides the teleport pad in the lava is damageable 

@azerty very fun video  -  Happy to hear you like to plasma secret. Also very impressive how you stuck the arches on The Secret rocket ledge lift thingy . Good stuff 

@Biodegradable  Very excited to see you here and will watch your video on my lunch and report ba

@Kan3  Thanks for playing buddy yeah I was a little bit nicer than usual here with a lot of thing. I know how much of a pain it would be to land on that platform so I made it lower with the Mega.

As for the Teleport to skip the steps that totally ruins the workout. Also I don't think there's a place to put it can you find one lol 

And how come I can never ever ever learn not to accidentally tag damaging sectors. I fall for that shit every time

Updated!!

The blur door is meant to be opened both sides 

Pretty cool map, took me just over 20 minutes to beat on HMP, partially because I play in a very slow and boring way, but also because I did get stuck for a bit trying to figure out how to get the red key, though I don't really think there's any immediately obvious way to change that part of the map to make it clearer. Really wish I recorded, because I managed to fall down into the lava and escape at 10% health, and get the BFG and eventually get out alive, which is the kind of dramatic good luck that doesn't come around often. My unwarranted blogposting aside, good map.

34 minutes ago, Sena said:

Pretty cool map, took me just over 20 minutes to beat on HMP, partially because I play in a very slow and boring way, but also because I did get stuck for a bit trying to figure out how to get the red key, though I don't really think there's any immediately obvious way to change that part of the map to make it clearer. Really wish I recorded, because I managed to fall down into the lava and escape at 10% health, and get the BFG and eventually get out alive, which is the kind of dramatic good luck that doesn't come around often. My unwarranted blogposting aside, good map.

Thank you for playing - the important thing is to have fun and play how you like. I can be boring and overly cautious too. The red key is a problem and man with gun pointed that out to me but I'm on clear how to redesign it in a satisfactory way. It is a major problem for non-free lookers though. The important thing is you got to eventually but sorry for the wasted time. Recordings are cool but thank you for sharing this story anyway I always enjoy hearing things like this and I'm glad you got to experience a triumphant moment playing my silly map. Kudos!!

@Biodegradable caught up to your video Good Times 

Kudos on surviving the opening that was some fun stuff running around with barrel damaged Archies 

Yes that was the way to get the super shotgun and it was fun watching you collect all the secrets - you UV maxed it bud!

Oh man somehow I thought that map trap would get you and yes I did laugh haha - almost removed it but I thought I would leave it in with some hints and corpses around the area. Like an Indiana Jones type trap 

As for the mega on pillar due to an oversight you could have potentially grabbed it from the backpack secret but I fixed it. I did set it to lower If you flew over it because I knew how annoying it would be to try to land perfectly on the ledge 

Also with your mod and because of my low sky a blood trail was stuck to the ceiling from the twin Archie room at the end lol 

Overall fun stuff I always enjoy your videos and I thank you 

@Pistoolkip I'm out of time for now but I'm excited to watch your video later

Unfortunately I skip leg day (and every other limb day) so I saved and died once on those cursed stairs!  Fun idea making a map where you return to the stairs for new challenges.  I end up switching to freelook partway through because the verticality can be very finnicky with autoaim, especially while trying not to fall off the stairs.  After trying this I think I'm ready to go the distance with anyone.

EDIT: after looking at some footage again, I briefly got stuck after the SSG switch even though the platform raised infront of me, I think I had tunnel vision on the teleporting enemies on the stairs and didnt realize that was opening up the path to the key.  probably doesnt need to change.  In the blood tunnel with the eye switch I actually tried to hit use on every side of the block but in my hurry with the floors I didn't quite hit the eye side.  I figured it out, again, I think its pretty clear just me being dumb.

Edited by sandwedge

@Pistoolkip

Great vid man - always happy to be showcased on your popular channel, legit --

I am surprised to see you using freelook - I remember in some other vid you commented that you play how you like. I thought we were freelook buddies man - hope ya didn't cave to anti-freelook pressure haha - sorry cough medicine is helping

archies are weakened by barrels so despite simple weapons its a fair fgight I think

Oh man Is hould do a compllation of stairs I wonder how long that vid be

And this shot righ here

image.png

Perfectulous - all those corpses - your doom settinga are perfect look so good and glowy

good times buddy (arm emoji)

hey @sandwedge ur next so excited

-- @TheMagicMushroomMan just a hunch that you might like rocky - join my discord  https://discord.gg/Em9XjBwmQP would love to talk about mushrooms

@sandwedge

Fantastic video man - thanks so much - I got a lot of joy watching this and your commentary was naturally hilarious "caco despenser:" "i might just save because this is a little fucked"

hahaha ya man

archies are normal; - the first 3 are damaged stratigically in barrel explosion so they are weakened and fun to kill with low weapons  - glad you got a satisfactory feeling blowing up the barrels I was hoping ppl would enjoy that - barrels and guys dying all over at the start

I was too generous with armours - the archie fight and stuff gave me a hard go in quick testing so yeah

But the blue armourr you tried to save I knew you were gunna pick it up haha

worst fake exit ever eh

silly caco 14:57

romeo head ending inspired by u

so hey I do see issues with signposting in this map - I recognize ppl can maybe not notice the lift especially with shotgunne distraction - the red key is easy to miss without freelook & that little eye button in red room maybe not as obv asI tohught - I am not sure the best way to telegraph these things better but everyone seems to mostly get to the conclusin eventually, hopefully I don't make ppl waste too much time

freelook is def the way to go - but still possible without - but def much harder - freelook is a nice convenience and does make playing most maps better imo -- but yeah Man With Gun did it blind - boomer look & saveless so I know it's possible - but def much harder

good times im rambling and meatloaf pizza is on the way - new better call saul tonight I got a spoiler fuck

38 minutes ago, Clippy said:

@Pistoolkip

Great vid man - always happy to be showcased on your popular channel, legit --

I am surprised to see you using freelook - I remember in some other vid you commented that you play how you like. I thought we were freelook buddies man - hope ya didn't cave to anti-freelook pressure haha - sorry cough medicine is helping

archies are weakened by barrels so despite simple weapons its a fair fgight I think

Oh man Is hould do a compllation of stairs I wonder how long that vid be

And this shot righ here

image.png

Perfectulous - all those corpses - your doom settinga are perfect look so good and glowy

good times buddy (arm emoji)

hey @sandwedge ur next so excited

-- @TheMagicMushroomMan just a hunch that you might like rocky - join my discord  https://discord.gg/Em9XjBwmQP would love to talk about mushrooms

I've been playtesting a lot lately and I didn't turn freelook back on for this video, but I'm glad it worked out well. I even remembered where the red key was!

15 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Haha I'm honored that I've inspired more Romero head screaming, every map needs to end that way from now on imo.  I noticed pistoolkip also didn't see that lift at first so maybe it is the stair distractions, and not having freelook to see where it's going.  I don't know how I missed the eye though.

Also what the heck is a meatloaf pizza.  I mean... sounds interesting, to say the least.

Looks good!

Im trying to setup a obs cause the game runs fine but then that video file has like 3 fps,

If I dont fix it ill take some screenshots as always

Okay, i really enjoyed this one! (you didnt say anything about bonus map :D)

Also my keyboard disconnected sometimes so yeah, played on NTR since i play doom after 3 days

Enjoy! 

2 hours ago, Pezl said:

Okay, i really enjoyed this one! (you didnt say anything about bonus map :D)

Also my keyboard disconnected sometimes so yeah, played on NTR since i play doom after 3 days

Enjoy! 

Thanks for playing man that was a fun watch. Sorry for that crazy ending haha

Really appreciate it

What an unexpected surprise to find this on YouTube today: 

Ps now that Apocaclips is on ID games I've been meaning to do a reveal video for this and upload it too but haven't had time