Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MattFright

DBP49: Mausoleum Nefarium

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

My reaction to the Screenshots was : WHOA.

Gonna try it asap.

I'm enjoying this so far, well done!

FYI, in MAP04, this door is difficult to open, I think due to the lines right in front of it. I have to use the door at its very edge to open it, otherwise it doesn't respond. For a moment I thought I was soft-locked.

Spoiler

doom02.png.faf7ccc85ad6456252a48117cbe9b81d.png

In the same room, there's a bit of a texture bleed-through where the blue skull key is (I'm using dsda-doom software renderer):

Spoiler

doom01.png.050ce12798aa1f382621a0843bec3ee1.png

Updated the download link with a quick fix (v1.01)

- Adds MAPINFO stuff for the level names.
- Fixed the txt file (Map 7 & 8 are switched around).
- GLDEFs for the sprite replacements (so they glow blue instead of red).

Looks great as usual, I dunno how you guys manage to be so consistently good every time! Will be taking this for a spin later.

Yet another DBP to throw in the folder of every DBP that I might possibly get around to playing.

If I sat down and played every single one, there'd be 10 coming out as I played them all. Jokes aside, love to see these cool projects every month, and I appreciate all the hard work in them.

On 7/1/2022 at 10:21 PM, MattFright said:

Updated the download link with a quick fix (v1.01)

- Adds MAPINFO stuff for the level names.
- Fixed the txt file (Map 7 & 8 are switched around).
- GLDEFs for the sprite replacements (so they glow blue instead of red).

You forgot to re-name the CWILVs.

Actually got to this one before it went to the archives.

How do you get to the southern hallway in MAP03? All the bars are impassable and there are no teleport landing spots. Is the non-working switch supposed to do something? You also can't get to the Clip Boxes and Stimpacks next to the tag 4 teleport. Not enough room to squeeze by in GZDoom.  Great atmosphere so far.

Had some fun breaking in DSDA-Doom with this one.  Looks and plays great, awesome theme.

Couple of minor issues:

Map 1 at 3:31 in the mancubus pillar area, it's actually possible to strafe jump off those stairs onto the ledge and go outside intended bounds, you can even run over to the pinky teleport monster closet and teleport to where the pinkies go.  Not a big deal as it's pretty hard to do and you basically have to try, but its a funny exploit for the speedrunners I guess lol.

Map 4 at 45:20 it seems that this door doesn't open from the inside and you need a monster to open it?  but that means it would be possible softlock if you kill them through the windows.  dunno if it's by design, I missed something, or it's possibly a limit-removing issue as I believe doors with linedefs too close together will sometimes have issues opening on complevel 2.  but seems intended for the lock in fight, I'm just cautious about softlocks.

2 coop issues found with a quick check:

- MAP03 has no player 2 starts and two player 3 starts

- Seems like in MAP09 players could get stuck in the BFG area in the north. I didn't play the map but I think just changing line 17662 to a WR tele should solve the issue.

4 hours ago, sandwedge said:

Map 4

Thanks for playing! This was reported earlier; it is special lines too close together (caused by a fix for coop made by the project lead). I have since uploaded a new version of the map that does not lock the player(s) in that room at all.

As for now, if you press on the edges of the door when inside, it opens.

Edited by Glikkzy

V1.02 is out and updated in the download link in the OP, with the latest bugfixes for map04, map09 and map10, as well as most issues brought up here hopefully fixed too!

This was a great episode, enjoyed all these levels.  The diamond stronghold was an absolutely massive level that was beautiful to look at and fun to play.

Recorded a few days ago so may have been fixed, but the intermission screen map names were switched around for map 7 and 8 here.

Seeing a bug when launching with zandronum 3.1 on win64. Server is running using zandronum server on Ubuntu.
EDIT: DBP_49.wad (without optional graphics) works just fine.

image.png

This is a really KA mapset. Perfect for a Castlevania type feel. 

Here's a video of Maps 1 and 2 in Walpurgis.

Pretty awesome as always. Though alot of DBP's end up a little too hard for me by the end of the sets, I nevertheless often enjoy them, which is a sign of fun design. And one can never dislike the effort that goes into the architecture. The only comment I would have is that it's kind of easy to go zipping by the entrance to the Red Skull Key in Map 02.

21 hours ago, TheFartKing said:

Seeing a bug when launching with zandronum 3.1 on win64. Server is running using zandronum server on Ubuntu.
EDIT: DBP_49.wad (without optional graphics) works just fine.

Sorry about that, I fixed the GLDEFs so it should work now (link should be the same).

5 hours ago, eharper256 said:

Here's a video of Maps 1 and 2 in Walpurgis.

Pretty awesome as always. Though alot of DBP's end up a little too hard for me by the end of the sets, I nevertheless often enjoy them, which is a sign of fun design. And one can never dislike the effort that goes into the architecture. The only comment I would have is that it's kind of easy to go zipping by the entrance to the Red Skull Key in Map 02.

Not sure how others feel about this but I think this one might be a little easier than the past couple of DBPs.

8 hours ago, matador said:

Not sure how others feel about this but I think this one might be a little easier than the past couple of DBPs.

Quite possibly. Seems fine for the first 3 levels in HNTR. That was more of an 'in general' comment.