Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ed

Ed_C Texture Pack v1

I've been pecking away at a hi-res texture/resource pack for quite some time. I didn't really have an endgame but to make a texture pack that would be useful for the distinguished mapper.

Resources in action:

These may be resized, recolored, modified to your needs. You must include the original text file or at the very least credit me as a contributor. There is some work to be done before I consider it a complete release, but there is enough there to hopefully of use to someone.

Link to thumbnails / texture spreads @ 50% scale.

Download v1

Wow Ed, that looks awesome! Looks more like Doom 3 than GzDoom. The computers were especially nice-looking. Can we expect to see some of these worm their way into Warp House or maybe a future project?

Also, you only mention textures, but I notice in the video the sounds fit in pretty well. Are those your sounds? Just curious.

Looking forward to downloading this later tonight and giving it a check; highly coincidental and funny that tonight I need to finish scanning forums for the TWID article, heh.

These are absolutely stellar, Ed. I'm *******ly using these sometime.
EDIT: What's with the censor? All I said was A b s o l u t e l y (Sans spaces)

Fonze said:

Wow Ed, that looks awesome! Looks more like Doom 3 than GzDoom. The computers were especially nice-looking. Can we expect to see some of these worm their way into Warp House or maybe a future project?

Also, you only mention textures, but I notice in the video the sounds fit in pretty well. Are those your sounds? Just curious.

Looking forward to downloading this later tonight and giving it a check; highly coincidental and funny that tonight I need to finish scanning forums for the TWID article, heh.

Warp House actually only uses textures from doom.wad with the only outside resources being a new midi music replacement. I'm sure I'll dig into some of these for myself in some future release.

I have some sound files available as well which I will package up for another separate resource pack.

Originally, these were being made for a UT99esq arena shooter for Zandronum. The amount of time put into textures alone coupled with the other assets yet to be made was essentially like shoveling hours into a black hole. I would rather focus my time on wrapping up Warp House and finishing my Quake map. Hopefully they can be of some use to someone.

holy shit this could be really handful for us, thanks for that nice texture pack Ed!

Looks great. By the way, why do I keep reading the thread title and texture pack name as "Ed Cetera" despite fully realizing how double-incorrect it is?

Ah that's right, I forgot you had said on the WH thread that it used only stock textures. Which is sweet that the screenshots you've released look so good using only stock textures.

Yeah, those "invisible" jobs that keep demanding hours and you're not sure if anyone'll even notice are tough to keep up, but I'm glad that you hung in there to release this thing looking as good as it does. I map very slow and don't have any plans for a GzDoom/Zand map in the near future, but as soon as I watched this video I thought of Darkmoon.

Sweet stuff!

Much like anything else you do, Ed, these are excellent. Thank you so much for sharing these with everyone!

Link to thumbnails / texture spreads @ 50% scale.

I do have normal / spec / luma maps for a good portion of these as well. Though I'd hate to release them incomplete. As these were made in Photoshop, the height maps had to be made after the fact and generated into a normal map. The gloss effects look pretty decent, but the cartoony style of the textures didn't really match up with realistic light mapping and I baked in a lot of the shading after giving up on that venture.