I really thinkg that story could be written better.

First. Doom2 ended with mankind talking about rebuilding earth. Not leaving it. they left in the middle of doom2.

Second, I just don't like the way it's written.

It's reminding me how I wrote the Nimrod story, and that sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
kristus said:

It's reminding me how I wrote the Nimrod story, and that sucks.


Yeah, I thought that immediately.

Share this post


Link to post

My (lame) idea of how RTC 3057 story should go:

After over one thousand years, there has been no more signs of the demonic hellspawn that almost resulted in mankind's destruction in the year 2050 [NOTE: may not exactly fit into the Doom timeframe/scene but hey].

The Marine who destroyed the apparent entity controlling the demons, "Baphomet" by some sources, swore that Hell was a wreck, that nothing would ever rise from it again. Still, the leaders of earth, along with the several million survivors who fled the planet were not convinced. As earth was slowly rebuilt, teleportation technology of any kind was permanently shelved and the military kept a close eye on the scene of the demonic invasion.

Centuries later, their guard was still high, but most of the scientists now said that it was unlikely that a future gateway from Hell could be opened from the other side. The threat of another demonic attack on earth was nil, or so they said.

They were wrong.

3057: Cybernetics have enhanced human's natural abilites for many hundreds of years. You are a cybernetically augmented Marine captain on the USS Opportunity, a scientific research vessel. Roughly two hours ago, an unmanned probe was sent into a nearby black hole, while the vessel remained a safe distance away from the hole.

What followed next you cannot remember. You awoke to sirens screaming, and emergency lights flashing. Daedalus, the ship's online computer system is blurting out distorted messages, something about a "foreign contaimination by unknown organisms". Screams and gunfire punctuate the messages. Strange animal noises can be heard in the background

You grab your sidearm and heard to the door. After all, what else would a Marine cyborg do?


****

While playing the partial conversion, you'd discover more about what happened, and maybe some unpleasant secrets about yourself. (this is my vision of what would happen later if my story was the official plot- which is obviously NEVER going to happen)

Share this post


Link to post

It's incredible how much whining is going on about 3057.

1) What dsm wrote is NOT the story found in the .txt file. Chances are there won't even be one. He only described some background info and 2 minutes of the first level.

2) I appreciate your effort, but if we used your story, 3057 would be just like any other mod, PC, whatever.

3) RTC-3057 does not take place in the year 3057.

Share this post


Link to post

Shaviro, do you plan on using the SOH idea in any way? That idea wasn't bad, especially for an enhanced engine.

Share this post


Link to post
myk said:

Shaviro, do you plan on using the SOH idea in any way? That idea wasn't bad, especially for an enhanced engine.


heh. You'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
kristus said:

I really thinkg that story could be written better.

First. Doom2 ended with mankind talking about rebuilding earth. Not leaving it. they left in the middle of doom2.

Second, I just don't like the way it's written.

It's reminding me how I wrote the Nimrod story, and that sucks.

Livo's interesting, but rather old idea

If you peeps paid proper attention to previous posts, you'd understand that what I posted was just a quick telling of what Rtc-3057 starts off with. That stuff looks NOTHING like the text I've written for the game - why the fuck would I reveal the full Rtc-3057 backstory NOW!? The game is still miles away from being done.

The Doom 2 story sucks balls anyway, so if I choose to deviate from it, it's a sign of originality. I for one do not believe that the Doomguy cleared all of the Earth in those 20 levels before the last ten Hell levels. All the Doom 2 end story reveals is that Hell appears to be a wreck (how the fuck would the doomguy know? He hasn't checked every corner of Hell - Hell is HUGE) and that now he goes back home.
And then the statement "rebuilding Earth ought to be a lot more fun than ruining it was" is pretty vague. I believe that yes, id's idea was that Earth has been freed of demons, but I still think it's bullshit, that's why I've chosen to alter that bit "slightly" as it'd make a helluva lot more sense.

And about my "writing style": If you dopes had read ANY of my stories in the fan fic you'd know that the bit I posted here couldn't possibly be the actual story itself.

Jeez, some people really think with their asses.

Oh btw, NIGHTMARE: I thought you had SEEN the actual story - I asked Shaviro (then Maonth) to send it around to the team members.

Share this post


Link to post
dsm said:

Oh btw, NIGHTMARE: I thought you had SEEN the actual story - I asked Shaviro (then Maonth) to send it around to the team members.


I think I sent it to nick.

Share this post


Link to post

Hay, I didn't mean that the System shock 2 references where a bad thing. In fact, might I suggest you play it, it has some of the best examples of a 'disaster in space' scenario I, and a lot of people, have ever seen if you ever get stuck for inspiration...

Share this post


Link to post
Ct_red_pants said:

Hay, I didn't mean that the System shock 2 references where a bad thing. In fact, might I suggest you play it, it has some of the best examples of a 'disaster in space' scenario I, and a lot of people, have ever seen if you ever get stuck for inspiration...

Ah, but it was easy to assume from your post (and NIGHTMARE's) that you thought something like: "This mod is a ripoff of System Shock - how fucking lame, I'll NEVER wanna try that lousy ripoff".
:-)
Actually, the ground story (that Shaviro initially presented me with and asked me to extend) is probably inspired by Bioforge, isn't that right Shav?

Share this post


Link to post
dsm said:

Actually, the ground story (that Shaviro initially presented me with and asked me to extend) is probably inspired by Bioforge, isn't that right Shav?


Yes. Yes it is!

Share this post


Link to post

The lighting is very impressive...
Just imagine how many sectors you would have to split into to get that area's architecture to be impressive as well, heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Ultraviolet said:

The lighting is very impressive...
Just imagine how many sectors you would have to split into to get that area's architecture to be impressive as well, heh.


heh. I don't use many sectors for the effect, actually.

Share this post


Link to post

It looked like they were pretty small.
Now, is the light in those shots supposed to seem to crawl while the player watches, or does the player return to the area to see it in just those three different states?

ACS = funderful.

Share this post


Link to post
Ultraviolet said:

It looked like they were pretty small.
Now, is the light in those shots supposed to seem to crawl while the player watches, or does the player return to the area to see it in just those three different states?

ACS = funderful.


You see the lights change.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now