Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[TNT3] - A nice April Fool?

Erik said:

Nice wad. Very good visuals and ambience. A bit lacking gameplay in the first map maybe, but overall fun. Too bad zdoom 1.23 runs like ass on my system.

TNT3 is for ZDoom 2.0 IIRC

And if that map slows down for you guys, you computers suck.

Sorry fellas, but if you're gonna be a scrooge with your cashola, you shouldn't really complain when things run like a snail stuck in superglue ;)

NiGHTMARE said:

Sorry fellas, but if you're gonna be a scrooge with your cashola, you shouldn't really complain when things run like a snail stuck in superglue ;)

Looks like my parents are scrooges...

Tormentor667 said:

Mine not and this is why my maps stay fucking overdetailed :D

There's a problem with that logic. Not everyone has a godly comp, and many people will be missing out.

ravage said:

There's a problem with that logic. Not everyone has a godly comp, and many people will be missing out.

Then play other maps! There is enough variety to suit everybody. I like these huge things even if they occasionally slow down my computer. TNT is a great series of maps!

ravage said:

Then upgrade. Ichor said it runs fine on his 1GHz computer, and it's not like 1GHz is anywhere near high-end. Let's face it, your computer it totally outdated. Why should people limit their level just because you don't want to upgrade your POS?

boris said:

Then upgrade. Ichor said it runs fine on his 1GHz computer, and it's not like 1GHz is anywhere near high-end. Let's face it, your computer it totally outdated. Why should people limit their level just because you don't want to upgrade your POS?

Can I get a job first?

boris said:

heh, well this IS doom :P if you can't even play mods for a game that's 10 years old, what can you play :p

Does this include nuts.wad and Helm's Deep, which probably won't play smoothly even on Deep Blue?

Well, I did have to run it in ZdoomGL because Zdoom's video is garbled on my comp. And Doom's 3dfps framerate is jerky enough for me anyway after playing so much of the Quake games, so even a drop to 25fps is pretty much intolerable to me.

Ichor said:

Does this include nuts.wad and Helm's Deep, which probably won't play smoothly even on Deep Blue?

Helms Deep ran smoothly on my comp once I lowered the resolution to 320x240. This map ran smoothly at 1024x768.

Tormentor667 said:

You can get a 1GHz processor at ebay.com for a few hundred dollars ;)

You forgot a word.

ravage said:

You forgot a word.

I don't think so, I bought my AMD Athlon XP 2100+ processor (shuttle mainboard incl.) for 200$ so I don't think that a 1 GHz processor costs that much!

Yeah, over here you can get a Duron 1200 for ~34€, a AthlonXP 1800+ for ~65€. That's the slowest CPUs I found at my favourite store :)

Like I said before, can I get a job first? I have *NO* money right now.

I got through both levels a second time without any ammo issues, was a little more conservative this time. Again, sweet maps, the first one is my favorite. I can't believe you made them in just 4 months.

I'm sure people with only a 450mhz or whatever processor could afford a better one just by washing a few cars or something.

boris said:

Duron 1200 for ~34€, a AthlonXP 1800+ for ~65€.

Hey what language is that, I gotta put it in a translator :)