Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Aleaver

OLD Wad.

This looks almost purpousefully crap.

I mean, most of us have made pretty bad levels when we were still new in the trade. Horrible texture schemes, no trace of any aligning and no fucking clue about gameplay.

But this.. This steaming pile features wonders such as:

1. Totally redundant switches.

2. Majority of enemies placed on top of each other rendering them harmles.

3. A big slimetrail pillar placed prominently in the middle of an open courtyard for all the world to see.

Well As I said before. THIS IS OLD. Tells you how much of a hard time I had learning to make Doom maps. I know it sucks. I really does suck.
I have learned tons of sutff since then. And I say this again also: I JUST WANTED TO SHOW WHAT MY FIRST MAPS LOOK LIKE.

It's still better than my first map. Too bad it's forever lost... or maybe not that bad actually.

i lost probably my first 100 maps. it probably took me until about #50 until i managed doors. mount doom was the last thing i did back then, and the only thing worthy of a release (worthy in '97 anyway, nowadays newstuffers would try to have me killed). i stopped mapping for 5 years and when i came back for some reason i was pretty good :) i did however remake my first map earlier this year, here's what it looked like:

note the voodoo dolls and romero head exit (i didn't know how to make switches until my 10th map or so).

c-cooper said:

You're a brave man, Andy. Brave indeed...

Indeed. I expected to DL the thing and find that something Aleaver consideres a crappy first level would still put most of our current attempts in the shade. But no! It genuinely is a crappy level. Thanks Andy, you've given us all hope. :-)

Enjay said:

I expected to DL the thing and find that something Aleaver consideres a crappy first level would still put most of our current attempts in the shade.

You mean like the maps Chris Lutz considers "SubP:AR"?

Enjay said:

Indeed. I expected to DL the thing and find that something Aleaver consideres a crappy first level would still put most of our current attempts in the shade. But no! It genuinely is a crappy level. Thanks Andy, you've given us all hope. :-)

Hey, No problem! :)