Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlackFyre

Dishonourable Mentions...the worst wads ever!

stoned said:

doom.wad: E2M9

;)

Yeah, I agree with you on that one, dude. That map was too small and there seemed to be an imbalance between the ammunition and the monsters.
I've been thinking about making my own revamped & expanded version of this map...But then I just let the idea slide off, and I released a DOOM2 WAD instead :)

Lvangundy said:

Fhe file came from one of those horrific 666 or 9,999 DOOM maps CDROM packages. It was called AAA or ABC.wad something like that.

Basically it was the last map from Doom 1 (the one with spidey) but this map was FILLED with the maximum number of creatures you could think of. I'm sure there are THOUSANDS of these types of maps, but literally there was no way to defeat this one.

In Maximum doom, i found this series called "Super hard" or something, which where basically the doom levels re-made to be...super hard, i fired up E1M1 (the name was something like SHXE1M1.wad), and was confronted with the first room, except crammed full of barrels, barons, cacodemons and about 30 imps..i detonated some barrels and killed quite a lot of the monsters, and it seemed to create a vast chain reaction of explosions that reverberated around the level and woke up all the monsters, including the spidey and 2 cyberdemons in the 'mega-armour yard', who killed me. Thoguh, if i remember correctly, the authors of those wads had placed extra medical stuff and weapons around so that they probably where beatable, if you where insanely lucky...

Hm, Nobody seems to have mentioned Project Defoot yet, while maybe not one of the 'worst', if you count the worst as being empty rooms, non-working doors and no exits, it had pretty bad levels, with insane textures, stupid sound effects (including a silenced pistol effect i was using in a wad i was working on at that time, i found a new effect cause it was too shameful...), and the sprites where...er, you know that animated gif of an anime woman in a tiger-stripe boob tube and shorts dancing, well it had that as an enemy, and that was one of the better ones...

When you think you have seen it all another really really terrible WAD comes along. Check out this weeks sadhusct.zip. (if you get it to work, that is...)

I think I have a new favorite for worst WAD ever. I honestly don't think it can get much worse than this total and utter abomination.

It's certainly dreadful, but I think I'd just file this one under "unfunny joke wads" and think nothing more of it.