What's your favorite E2 map?

Which E2 map do you like best?   24 members have voted

  1. 1. Which E2 map do you like best?

    • E2M1
      1
    • E2M2
      8
    • E2M3
      1
    • E2M4
      3
    • E2M5
      0
    • E2M6
      3
    • E2M7
      6
    • E2M8
      2
    • E2M9
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since these are all the rage, what's your favorite E2 map? Personally it's E2M2, hands down, although E2M7 is great as well. what does everyone else think?

Share this post


Link to post

Hold on, if SargeBaldy and DoomBoy both voted for E2M2, and I did too, why is there only 1 vote for it?

Share this post


Link to post
NiGHTMARE said:

Hold on, if SargeBaldy and DoomBoy both voted for E2M2, and I did too, why is there only 1 vote for it?

Make that two votes :)

Share this post


Link to post

Deimos Labs, no doubt. Heh, I just realized how much I don't particularly like E2. :P

Share this post


Link to post

E2M2 or E2M6, will vote for E2M2 tho, but E2M6 is really cool with these scary wood halls for get the red key. :)

The thing I like about e2m2 is the crate maze and I general like it most.

Grimm said:

Deimos Labs, no doubt. Heh, I just realized how much I don't particularly like E2. :P


Imo, episode2 is on par with episode1, at least the first and end levels. I don't really like e2m5 that much. I love the tech/hell theme used in episode2.

Share this post


Link to post

E2M2, E2M4, E2M6 and E2M7

Share this post


Link to post

I'd say it's a very close race between Command Center, Spawning Vats and Halls of Damnation. E2M1 = corn hole leavings, though.

EDIT: This thread is teh se><0r

Share this post


Link to post

e2m7! I really like episode 2 and I'm designing a zdoom based tribute to the entire episode.

Share this post


Link to post

I personally like E2M1 merely because of its music in PSX Doom. Even though the level is short and simplistic, I love the way it looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Melfice said:

I personally like E2M1 merely because of its music in PSX Doom. Even though the level is short and simplistic, I love the way it looks.

Job said:

E2M1 = corn hole leavings, though.

Heh.

Share this post


Link to post

E2M6, but that may be a bit skewed since my favorite Doom music plays on that level.

E2M2 and E2M7 are also cool as I recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Melfice said:

I personally like E2M1 merely because of its music in PSX Doom. Even though the level is short and simplistic, I love the way it looks.

I wouldn't have minded if they had just stuck to the stone2 look like they did for the first half of the level. The part where you teleport to the place with all the Gstone looks really out of place IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
DooMBoy said:

I wouldn't have minded if they had just stuck to the stone2 look like they did for the first half of the level. The part where you teleport to the place with all the Gstone looks really out of place IMO.


The level feels like it was rushed, and maybe the gstone texture was a standard texture or something, I dunno. It feel a bit like my zdaemon episode1 contest map, it have alot of startan2 textures, because I got rushed in the end.

Share this post


Link to post

Heh, you should never rush a map. That's a problem I have - I give myself a short deadline, like around two or three days, and if the map's not done by then I say screw it and move on :(

Share this post


Link to post

I don't do deadlines. It makes it a lot easier for me to concentrate on the map without having to worry about finishing it on time.

Share this post


Link to post

I know I shouldn't set deadlines for myself, so from this day forth I shall take my time on each and every map I make to ensure they are the best that they can be!

Share this post


Link to post
DooMBoy said:

Heh, you should never rush a map. That's a problem I have - I give myself a short deadline, like around two or three days, and if the map's not done by then I say screw it and move on :(


Well, this was a contest, and I started the last day, heh like 4hours before. And I could barely finish it.

Share this post


Link to post

Dude, if you're going to do a map for a project, you should at least give yourself a week's time. :P Four days doesn't cut it.

Share this post


Link to post
DooMBoy said:

Dude, if you're going to do a map for a project, you should at least give yourself a week's time. :P Four days doesn't cut it.


It wasn't for a project, but a contest.

This contest

Share this post


Link to post

E2M7 (Spawning Vats), mainly for the all-out tech look, especially as soon as you enter the hallways past the red door. I swear, I almost thought I was walking on the set of Star Trek or something the first time I played the real version of that level (the wasn't the first time I'd been to the level period; I had the 32X DOOM before that). When I think of space and the future, I think of exactly what I see in E2M7. I just hope that IF a DOOM movie is ever made, it'll be on par with that level of futuristic look.

Of course, with DOOM 3 on the way, I ought to cream my jeans when I see it's environment.

Share this post


Link to post

Well the GSTONE actually makes sense if you think about the fact that the demons were bringing their reality with them onto Deimos, it was part of the process they had been doing. So it does make sense, if you think about it, regardless of if it was out of place, which is probably what was supposed to be happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Melfice said:

Well the GSTONE actually makes sense if you think about the fact that the demons were bringing their reality with them onto Deimos, it was part of the process they had been doing. So it does make sense, if you think about it, regardless of if it was out of place, which is probably what was supposed to be happening.

That's what I mean; the combination tech/Hell rock look made me fall in love with that map. And call me crazy, but I think what you're talking about is one of the few ideas that Dafydd ab Hugh almost pulled off well in the first novel.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now