Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

First Surge 3 screens!

argh I AM A MORON I AM A MORON , its for a port based on zdoom, so is likley to crash on me if it has more than 1 of anything in view at once I AM A MORON I AM A MORON , i always love to see new weapons thoug..bah

Heh everyone moans and posts newproject tags when there aren't any screenshots of a new project, but hardly one says anything when they actually do! O_o

Well, there's not much to see on the screenshots. Looks not bad, but the plasmatron screen looks pretty... square :P

Actually the only 90' angles are the two stone walls right at the front of the pic, the arches at the back, and the wooden pillars. It's just difficult to tell otherwise :)

But yeah so far almost all I've done with this map is merge and re-texture the six Surge 1 levels and add a little of extra detail; it still needs more detailing, corners being rounded, spaces being widened, etc. Though personally I think the curved arches in the first two shots already look very nice ;)

No-one care to hazard a guess what UBAW stands for? It's along similar lines to the BFG's full name...

BTW I'd have thought Cyb would have posted by now, seeing as a couple of the screenshots show off parts of the level that were originally created by him :)

yeah I thought part of that map looked familiar

As I recall that map actually wasn't square, and it only had symmetry on one axis instead of 2 or 4

Looks interesting. I like the looks of that mysterious UBAW 25000 gun and have no idea what the UBAW stands for.

So what happened to wasted3? ;)

NiGHTMARE said:

No-one care to hazard a guess what UBAW stands for? It's along similar lines to the BFG's full name...

Ãœberlong Bonbon aus Wurst?

ShadowRunner said:

Hehe look out.Im pirating those midis to be used as illegal samples on my next map after The mine of darkness haha.But the ubaw does look unique.

You're stupid.

Doom Dude said:

So what happened to wasted3? ;)

I was making it on one of my parents computer while mine was being repaired, and they later decided to reformat the hard-drive without telling me, so it got last.

I will eventually recreate what was done on the map based on my memory and a few surviving screenshots.

BlackFish said:

Looks good. That UBAW weapon is from osiris.wad

Yep, and the rifle's from Operation: Rheingold and the flamethrower is taken from Obituary. Not sure where the Plasmatron is from ATM, but I can easily look it up.

Spray said:

Ultimate Bitch-Ass Weapon?

Almost. It's actually Ultra Bitch-Ass Weapon :)

The rifle is from the Doom alpha's... It only had a few frames and muzzle flash though, and no sounds. Rheingold probably just "completed" it.

I've put up three new Surge 3 screenshots showing off a map set in a ruined city and three more weapons. Three of the four screenshots from the previous update have been replaced with newer versions too.

Heh, I can tell you where both weapon sprites came from.

The revolver from Fistful of Doom and the daul plasmagun from ROTT. :P

Yeah, the ROTT weapons are probably the most Doom-ish looking weapons of any professionally made game (excluding the Dooms, obviously).