Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boris

WIP opens its gates

Try to use "ShadowRunner" as your login name. It shoulnd't matter, but who knows.

Ok, another update. List of changes made:

• WIP now has its own domain: http://www.wadsinprogress.info, so update your bookmarks and/or brain. The old URL still works though
  • Option to switch between drop-down menu and long menu in the "your profile" menu
  • WADs with new comments since your visit will be marked (lighter blue) now. It's not perfect yet (I think) but it works pretty good
  • You can now add an download URL to your WADs. If you uploaded your WAD to /idgames I recommend using a link to DW's /idgames database
  • A RSS feed is available now. Go here for further details
  • Added option to use BBCode (like here in the forum) in the comments
As always, if you encounter any problems just tell me.

Heh. Knowing myself, I'll probably have some trouble remembering the new URL. :P

wip.paci-fist.org sounds cooler, easier to remember, and has a hidden word in it. :)

Next update:

• Themes. Right now there are only two, the black/blue/white one and a new grey one, which is also the default. You can switch themes in the "your profile" menu. More themes to come
  • Added a favourite WADs list. You can add WADs to that list and easily access them by clicking the "favourite WADs" link (below the "recent WADs" link)
  • You can edit your comments
  • Some other minor stuff
I'd like to know what you think about the new theme and the favourite WADs list, or if anybody is actually going to use it.

Hey boris, can we edit our username? If so, I'm apparently too thick to figure it out... "help wanted" (me standing on a street with a sign on a stick)

Chris Hansen said:

Okay cool... just change it to *tadaaa* Chris Hansen! c-cooper sucks.

Why for did you have c-cooper as your nickname anyway, Chris? I would have thought you would have used your real name instead, since everyone knows you as Chris Hansen :P

DooMBoy said:

Why for did you have c-cooper as your nickname anyway, Chris? I would have thought you would have used your real name instead, since everyone knows you as Chris Hansen :P

Exactly! It has finally dawned upon me... The Cooper bit comes from the fact that I own and drive a black '91 Mini Cooper.

Ahhh, I see.

Ravage said
Wow you fail it.

Do not either too

Small update this time

• Added "active WADs" link. It show all WADs with new posts since your last visit (i.e. if you just want to read the new comments you don't have to wade through all the WADs without new comments)
  • New theme: Doomworld. You can select it from the "your profile" page
If you have any more idea what I can add/change to/on WIP feel free to post it here.

Funny how popular this site has got!

I lke the Doomworld theme but not so much the grey theme...

Updated WIP again. The main new feature is a search option. You can search the WAD description, author name and WAD title. There's also the quick search box at the top right of the page, which will only search the WAD description. If you don't like the quick search box you can disable it in your profile.
I didn't test the search extremely thoroughly, so if you find any problems please post them here (or via PM) :)

There are also some minor changes, most notably there are now options for Heretic and Hexen WADs.

WIP is currently down. There was an power outage earlier today, while I was at work. Neither Apache nor MySQL restarted (they weren't set to restart). Since it was down anyway, I decided to switch to newer versions of Apache and MySQL. The switch to the new Apache seems to work fine, but MySQL is giving me some trouble. I've been working on it for the past 3 hours, and I'm fed up to the back teeth, so I'll leave it like that for now. However there's also some good news, no data is lost.