Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vile1011

Help on a megawad

What, exactly, does it take to convince someone to help out on a megawad? I've been working on one myself, with some initial (and as far as I know uncontinued) support from DoomBoy. I've gotten a very good portion done, but having a helping hand to do finishing touches, detailing, playtesting, and all that would be a big help. I have about 7 or 8 partially finished maps, but I don't want to put them up for public download just yet.

If you're interesting in helping, even if you're not and just want to alpha test some maps, then just leave your email here and I'll send the wad to you.

If you'd like me to help a bit on a project you're doing, I'd be happy to.

The wad is for ZDoom, by the way. The theme of the wad is reality shifting: There are two parallel worlds, a regular, everyday, demon infested military base, and a regular, everyday demon infested spiritual reflection of the military base. The realities shift back and forth, meld together, twist and turn in and out of themselves all throughout the wad.

I also have some screenshots of this wad in progress. I posted this before, but in case you missed it: http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/vile10...creenshots.html

The link doesn't work, but if the wad looks good, I'd gladdly like to join in! I've almost finished my first wad which I will release, so you can take a look at that.

I'm having some trouble getting help on my project as well (see the River Of Revenge thread) so I know it's not very easy.

So, I'll be willing to help you if you help me with my project, is that ok for you? I don't know if I have much time because of my own project but i'll be happy to at least try to help you.

I've seen some of the levels for this megawad, and so far it kicks ass. I really like the whole 'shifting realities' thing. And yes, you still have my continued support, 1011.

Lutrov71 said:

The link doesn't work, but if the wad looks good, I'd gladdly like to join in! I've almost finished my first wad which I will release, so you can take a look at that.

What's your e-mail?

It is hard to get help on mega-wads cause every one already has some kind of unfinished project going on... I find it better off to get finished levels from people that are not using them, and add them into your project (of course with permissions from the author) to make your mega-wad.
My e-mail is LordEquimanthorn@netscape.net
I am interested in new levels. Send them through!

Vile1011 said:

What, exactly, does it take to convince someone to help out on a megawad? I've been working on one myself, with some initial (and as far as I know uncontinued) support from DoomBoy. I've gotten a very good portion done, but having a helping hand to do finishing touches, detailing, playtesting, and all that would be a big help. I have about 7 or 8 partially finished maps, but I don't want to put them up for public download just yet.

If you're interesting in helping, even if you're not and just want to alpha test some maps, then just leave your email here and I'll send the wad to you.

If you'd like me to help a bit on a project you're doing, I'd be happy to.

The wad is for ZDoom, by the way. The theme of the wad is reality shifting: There are two parallel worlds, a regular, everyday, demon infested military base, and a regular, everyday demon infested spiritual reflection of the military base. The realities shift back and forth, meld together, twist and turn in and out of themselves all throughout the wad.

I also have some screenshots of this wad in progress. I posted this before, but in case you missed it: http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/vile10...creenshots.html

Newbies, frame this. This is how you ask for help with your project.

And the whole concept for your map sound really nice. I can't help this week, because I'm at home, and my home computer isn't tied to all of my means of communication, but once I get my new box, I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Lutrov71 said:

Uhh. My doom levels are not up to that standard yet...

My website is hoodooguru.com. Go to the downloads section and download Carnvial of Hell. That is my first released wad. If you think it's good enough, e-mail me at thomas@hoodooguru.com

Don't worry, that map wasn't bad at all(the first room was really nice). You don't need to be able to make Vrack3 calibur maps to help me. Any little thing you could do(even if it's just playtesting or offering suggestions) would be a big help to me.

For some reason I can't sent e-mails to you Vile. I got your ones so that's good. What I wanted to say is I don't have the configuration file you use to make wads.
Please send me it.

Vile,

I am not too good as yet making tech-type maps, but I am working on one presently. I am also totally ignorant of ZDoom editing. I have no idea how to get started on that.

I am interested though, if you can offer some help links maybe - something I can learn about those great ZDoom features like the angled walls/floors(?) Let me know please. Email is best. :)

I have no mapping skills whatsoever.

But I'd like to do some testing, maybe.

Lutrov71 said:

For some reason I can't sent e-mails to you Vile. I got your ones so that's good. What I wanted to say is I don't have the configuration file you use to make wads.
Please send me it.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I use ZDoom-Hexen mode if that helps. Your editor should support it.