Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unknown imp

THE best Doom wad

What is THE bad ass wad for Doom(or 2, Final..?) One that stacks up to the first 4 episodes of Doom, a good mix of challenge and level design? What comes to mind when you think "best doom wad to date."

Ive played many, and there are some sites that have about 4000 wads with no real actual knowing if theyre any good.

There are plenty of damn good Doom and Doom2 maps, but I can't really say that any of them are THE best.

Why not use the "Search Forums" feature and read some of the many threads where this type of question has been asked before? Try these searches (not all results relevant): 1 2 3

Really Job, you should know better. :/

Job said:

This should do the trick.

Heh, that's a really good wad, and thanks for linking to my site, but I probably wouldn't call it THE BEST

Heh, yeah, I was clearly kidding. Definitely facetious. :P In all honesty, there are as many "best" Doom wads out there as there are players. It really depends on your aesthetics. One person may prefer HR2 while someone else may prefer Claustrophobia, for example.

THE best megawad is a fight I can't win... there is NO WAY I could narrow down to an absolute favorite, and that's exactly why I still love the games themselves. :)

EDIT: I'm not going to bother listening a favorites list either... I've done it too much.

sargebaldy said:

He never said megawad...

Oh well, it gets asked so much that it was a reflex to respond in that way.

Scythe, by Erik Alm. I still find it an impressive feat that he (and uhm, some other guy) managed to make that in 2 months.

unknown imp said:

What is THE bad ass wad for Doom(or 2, Final..?)

Job said:

It really depends on your aesthetics. One person may prefer HR2 while someone else may prefer Claustrophobia, for example.

Imp, tell us what kind of WAD are You looking for.
-Want hardcore action? Action Doom
or
Hell Revealed
-Want to use Your Brain to solve puzzles and experience a good plot?
Claustrophobia
or
:-D RONE

unknown imp said:

Hey thanks i'll try that now! PSX doom music. Only the best.

It's not PSX Music. It was by Ubik.
EDIT : Nevermind...

Nmn said:

Er, you said Hell Revealed, but linked to the site for Hell Revealed 2. The Hell Revealed site is here (files here).

And FWIW, "Hell Revealed" is my answer to the original question.

I think that either doom.wad or doom2.wad are the best. Without those, you wouldn't be able to play any of the great Pwads out there.